Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you get your idea's from?

Options
  • 31-10-2002 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. Just wondering where you get your inspiration for writing programs from? I'm learning pascal at the moment and I can never think of a program to (try to) write!

So where do you get your idears???

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Our heads!!:D

Usually the books that u are learning from give code examples, you could take these.

ie. stockcontrol, address books, games etc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

or "scratch an itch".

I believe this question was asked before (not going to look for the thread).

But basically think of something simple that would be useful to you. Write it, make it as simple as possible.

When it works, think about how you can improve it and do it. Don't be afraid to review what you have written and think of better ways of writing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Inhalation of controlled substances[1].

Al.

1. Of course I do not condone inhalation of said substances...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Money and power hungry corporate bosses. (I'm in the market for one whopays well right now ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

The fäeries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭ironape

crop circles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

lecturers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

What are you interested in?

Games?
    Instant Messaging?
    Image Processing?
    File sharing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Need something? Nobody already written it, or not written it well enough? Ah... idea!

simple.

Advertisement