Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOFFL members meeting?

Options
  • 30-10-2002 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Originally posted by dahamsta
    A rake of Erdinger in the pub we went to the last night would work wonders I reckon.

Sure 'nuff. We've been thinking of a IO get-together so we can all share our take on what's going on. What'd people say to end of November? Say, the last Saturday of the month?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by Xian
    A rake of Erdinger in the pub we went to the last night would work wonders I reckon.

Sure 'nuff. We've been thinking of a IO get-together so we can all share our take on what's going on. What'd people say to end of November? Say, the last Saturday of the month?

Does IOLL have meetings? Who attends, committee or everybody? Is IOFFL a membership thing? Who pays your costs? Sorry for being stupid but I really don't know how it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

There is a link on the main site for joining up:

http://www.irelandoffline.org/home/users.php?mode=new

It should probably be added that signing up here also gets you put on the mailing list.

It is a membership thing. There are no fees but we have accepted money in the past for specific purposes. We don't hold regular meetings (I think we probably should). The pub suggestion is a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

as he said
    The pub suggestion is a good one.

note that this will be a Dublin pub!

M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What'd people say to end of November? Say, the last Saturday of the month?

Make it so.

Dustaz, split the thread, get it noticed?

[ Here, what was the name of that pub again? ]

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by ando
    256k always on is good enough for me, if esat offered it to me, I'd dive on it. Its enough for an affordable price

ditto. I'd jump on it like a ravenous beastie.

BTW, I like this meeting in a pub idea. Can ex committee members come? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Dustaz, split the thread, get it noticed?

[ Here, what was the name of that pub again? ]

adam

Your wish is my command (not literally, i was thinking the same thing myself and tbh, im a little scared by your wishes sometimes ;) )

The Pub after the AGM? It was the Piseog in that hotel on camden street. There was also a little mini-meeting at the last boards beer in viva where such important topics as jelly vodka and women in leather were discussed.

Im all on for this. Date sounds about right too. Can we start early? and can we make sure its not in de_PROC just to piss adam off?:)

to be clear, if this happens is it a committee and invitee meeting, or is it open to all ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

for half an hour anyway

M

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DC

Where are the majority of people based?
    Is it Dublin?

We don't want IOFFL to end up like the IIA now do we :) 2-tier membership and all that.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by De Rebel
    to be clear, if this happens is it a committee and invitee meeting, or is it open to all ?
    It's for anyone who can be arsed turning up. :) We've never had an 'invitee' meeting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

I would be up for a couple of beers ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

will we have to pay per minute we are in the pub? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I want to go, I figure SkepticOne owes me at least a pint, and Dustaz and DonegalMan.

What date would that be and I'll go, its not the 23rd is it ? I have another tattoo appointment then.

I'd love ?? to have a few ?? beers with Paddy20 ? ! too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

I would love to meet LFCFan in person too,
    bring back IP too just for the meet ... :D

kidding ...

Your wish is my command (not literally, i was thinking the same thing myself and tbh, im a little scared by your wishes sometimes ;) )

Right you are fairy. (Godmother?)

The Pub after the AGM? It was the Piseog in that hotel on camden street.

Didn't we move to another pub later though, the something head or summat like that? Great night that, although it was more of a Boards Beer than anything else.

Can we start early?

Lunch, yah? :)

can we make sure its not in de_PROC just to piss adam off?

I'll get ye all down to the Trinity in Cork yet...

adam

I'll get ye all down to the Trinity in Cork yet...
    adam

you drink there too? small world!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Xian

Didn't we move to another pub later though, the something head or summat like that?

The Bleeding Horse, Camden Street.

Originally posted by yellum
    What date would that be and I'll go, its not the 23rd is it ?

Saturday November 30th.

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Can we start early?

2pm alright?

The Bleeding Horse, Camden Street.

That's the kiddy. That was a nice spot that. And Erdinger to boot!

2pm alright?

Wuss.

adam

Why not have a proper meeting altogether and then adjourn to a pub later ? Make it more official like, I'm sure theres plenty that can be discussed and debated. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

A meeting in Dublin sounds fine but for us CULCHIES! its a bit out of the way and would involve an overnight stay. I wont be able to attend so could ye post the outcome here?. I know most of the ppl on the boards are Dublin based so where better to meet than in Dublin. Hey I know they only reason ye dont want a meeting heald in the Midlands is becaouse most of ye owe loads of pints to ppl down here and ye just dont want to pay up!. LOL!

OHP

• Advertisement

Hey, the important people such as ME , Dahamsta, Timod and daveirl are not dublin based at all, we're from the peoples republic. :)

Hey, the important people such as ME , Dahamsta, Timod and daveirl are not dublin based at all, we're from the peoples republic.

Any excuse for a piss-up.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

Hey, the important people such as ME , Dahamsta, Timod and daveirl are not dublin based at all, we're from the peoples republic. :)

I'm not sure if I like the continued association with the aforemention persons...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Hey I know they only reason ye dont want a meeting heald in the Midlands is becaouse most of ye owe loads of pints to ppl down here and ye just dont want to pay up!.

OK OHP lets go for Sean's Bar in Athlone. I'd be on for that (went to college there for a couple of years - Athlone I mean, not Sean's Bar )
    the peoples republic.

yellum, do you mean Cork? no way! was there last week and the buses are all different. Found that a bit freaky to be honest :)

Why not have a proper meeting altogether and then adjourn to a pub later ? Make it more official like, I'm sure theres plenty that can be discussed and debated. :)

We already did that and it was hard enough to cover the cost of the room from the people that showed up. A pub is free and easier to organise :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

o what's the story, its this just a get together for all those that have been involved in ioffl.Couple of pats on the back and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

No Boston this just sounds like a pissup. Where everyone sits around tables and talk bull**** in every increasing amounts as the alcohol takes hold and then find out the majority of them went to the same school :)

Gandalf.

(think I might turn up for this :))

Boston nah, its merely an opurtunity for people to show thier gratitdude to the Mods of the forum by buying them drink all night.. or something.

Ive talked to Sceptre about this and he completely agrees*

* not 100% true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hmm, i better start reading up on stuff again then, so i have plenty of material to argue about. That said I'm 100% flaky when it comes to these get togethers, dont expect me unless you see me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Well, here I am back again, after once again outwitting the grim reaper who decided to give me another Cardiac Arrest!. That makes three close calls.

So I switch on my computer and read this thread about a members meeting. Great idea, but what about Donegal? - The only way that IOFFL members could have a proper meeting would be via a live webcam conferance type set-up with members from each County in a particular pub on the night.

Even though I am now not allowed cigs or alcohol I would still do my best to be there. It would also be interesting to see some of the real faces behind thefunny names!

Hope it can be arranged.

Be lucky,

Yours,

paddy20:cool:

Advertisement