Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOFFL members meeting?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I didn't realize you had a sense of humor paddy20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Hi Boston,

A sense of humour ? without it, I would not have survived to be nicknamed "Lazarus" in my local hospital. Or the trials and tribulations of dealing with the Eircom "Dirty Rat"! scoundrel.

It is probably correct that people sometimes find it difficult to differentiate between when I am being serious or simply winding them up accidently on purpose , if you know what I mean.

In this world we all need a sense of humour to see us through.

Off topic I know, but true.

Best wishes.

Yours,

paddy20:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Originally posted by pork99
    OK OHP lets go for Sean's Bar in Athlone. I'd be on for that (went to college there for a couple of years - Athlone I mean, not Sean's Bar )

Actually I have been in that place before. It might be a great place for a really good Pint and lots of good music but I dont think its a place where a meeting could be held? Also I think it has a different name now? Chrusty Brown's or something like that? But if your on for meeting for a Pint im game :)

OHP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Boston nah, its merely an opurtunity for people to show thier gratitdude to the Mods of the forum by buying them drink all night.. or something.
    Ive talked to Sceptre about this and he completely agrees*
    * not 100% true

You greedy git! :) as if anyone would buy you a pint! hehehe :) The score so far: Dustaz owes 119 pints (not all Guinness)
    Dustaz pays for a pint: NIL

OHP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

Originally posted by paddy20
    Well, here I am back again, after once again outwitting the grim reaper who decided to give me another Cardiac Arrest!. That makes three close calls.
    Wasn't aware of your health problems, Paddy, best wishes for full recovery, your sense of humour will help that I'm sure :)
    Great idea, but what about Donegal? - [/B]
    Obviously agree with your sentiments but have to accept practicalities.

I've gone to Dublin for several IOFFL meetings, next time I'm going you would be welcome to travel with me, as long as you don't find company of smoker/drinker a problem :)

Martin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Martin/DonegalMan,

Very many thanks for your kind best wishes, but would you believe it I am off again to St James in Dublin (Cardiac unit) this coming Thursday due too further complications with the old ticker.

As an ex-smoker/drinker - who gave up under protest after my last heart attack and stern warnings from the medical profession.

I really do appreciate your offer of accompanying you to Dublin but it is highly unlikely that I will be able to take you up on the offer. Not because I find the company of smoker/drinkers a problem? but because I am currently restricted mainly to the house. That is except when I am being chauffeur driven in an ambulance to Dublin & back.

I still think that some sort of live computer link-up meeting would and should be feasible. Especially for a forum of individuals who know so much about computers. Perhaps, webcams are a little too invasive?, but I do not mind as long as IOFFL , its members and very professional "Voluntary Committee" and not forgetting David "The Chairman from heaven" continue to prosper.

I realise this post is mainly off topic, but maybe the mods will overlook my rambling on this occasion.

All the best.

Yours,

paddy20

Advertisement