Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

girl

• 31-10-2002 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

i just got out of a year long relationship with a lovely girl. before that i was with a girl for 8 months and then i was with a girl for 2 years before that.
    i'm sick of relationships. sick of them.

out of nowhere, last sunday i was with the sexiest most beautiful girl i have ever met. i swear to god, she's one of these dream girls. wow.
    but the more i get to know her, the more she seems like a total spa. i mean she's arrogant, bitchy, ignorant.... y'know...

but my friends say that i'm imagining it to worm my way out...

so do i:
    a) give her a chance - it could be me
    b) tell her to feck off.... - she's a spa and i don't want a relationship anyway...??

i'm very confused, opinions please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Door Number 2. Leech some sex and then feck off....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i think the worst thing u can do is go into another relationship right now. youve been attached now for nearly 4 years...give yer head a bit of space, go out and have fun. if you go back into another relatioship right now, ok, it may work out, but more than likely you'll end up putting her through whatever **** youre going through as a result of all these relationships. a similar thing happened to me this year and i made all these false promises and really let the guy down in the end, so im staying on my own for a while, and i'll go back to the dating game when im good and ready. or too desperate to care ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

b. if you think the chick is an eejit, it's probably because she is.
    I know, the dawn rises on the east and sets on the west with her, but umm here's to biodiversity and 3.1 billion chicks to choose from.

Adios lady it's been real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

if you are unhappy in a realtionship with someone,then you shouldnt be in a relationship with that someone.

maybe you need that period of time to readjust, and to let what has happened sink in and to go over the messages that you may have learned.

you could do the usual 'out of a relationship' shenanigans adn get up to all sorts of mischief, but to be honest your best bet is to do what you feel like. if you dont want to be in a relationship, then dont be in one. if you want to have randon sex, then do it.
    if you want to dress up in stilettos, then go for it. stop worrying about what others think or say and do what you feel you need to....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

mean she's arrogant, bitchy, ignorant.... y'know...

if this be true, leg it (after you've done what seamus suggests)

but my friends say that i'm imagining it to worm my way out...

are ya imagining it?
    maybe you just need a rest from women for a little while, 'till you're not so sick of it anymore...
    there's nothing worse than going from one relationship to another, it can be mentally exhausting if you don't give yourself a break

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

I dunno...

How long have you known her?

A lot of people have been known to hate each other before they realise they would like to go out together.
    I spent about 3 months thinking one girl was self-centered, egomanical, b i t c h - then the next year thinking she was gods gift.

mi2c

b

heres to OpenBSD and shiny red shoes.
    or blue suede (whatever floats your boat).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Hmmm I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this isnt going to log me, in any ideas as to what I can do to sort it? Thanks

You really should give it a shot. Kinda stupid giving up on a possible relationship simply because you've had bad experiences.

However if she is a bitch then dont stay with her simply because she's good looking, I can't stand people like that.

Just give her a chance, dont write her off simply because she's good looking and may be arrogant, it takes a while to get to know the real her.

Ivan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

i dunno, my friends are jealous as **** and telling me to go for the prize... ha ha!

but i'm not really gonna do that.

she just texted me now, a second ago.
    i work with her at the weekends too y'know... i think i may give it this weekend... mmnn...

she's good looking but there's no conversation. no nothing. nothing in common.
    i sorta feel like i'm the inferior in the relationship cos she's so stunning.... now i'm beginning to rethink that...

yeah maybe this weekend...

should i actively chase it though? or just let it happen?

Originally posted by kirn

she's good looking but there's no conversation.

excellent and does this dream woman have a sister by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭mrblue

Errrm, you fancy this girl. There is NOTHING you can do about that. To quote - "You are living in denial & suppresing rage". The best thing to do is go out with her a few times. You may well find that it does you some good to be in something a bit lighter for a while. There's no point agonising about it - I mean, ****, she's just a girl you know? Take a chill pill, lighten up & have some fun. As a bonus, you already have a bonafidae reason to dump her when you get bored ;) What more do you want for christs sake?! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Drop her. Experience has taught me that if something, anything is wrong, drop it. Your the only important one here and F*** everyone elses opinion. Take time out, enjoy life. Be self centred and get smashed and stoned lots- take time to be with your friends that havn't seen you for months and if something comes along- wing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Muirthile

Originally posted by kirn
    i just got out of a year long relationship with a lovely girl.
    Why, if she was so lovely?

so do i:
    a) give her a chance - it could be me
    b) tell her to feck off.... - she's a spa and i don't want a relationship anyway...??
    Option B, once you can't stand her any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Ask the girl for a lesbian threesome.

Either you get your threesome (win), or she breaks up with you (win).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

...six pack???!

erm, ok it doesn't matter, /waves jedi hand to himself *I don't need to know*

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Six-packs?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Think about how you carry an old style six pack. The one with the six plastic loops?

aahhh, of course, this explains everything!
    :confused::confused:

Are you talking about impailing people and/or hanging them from hooks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

You should get yourself a jackrussell, introduce it to the girl. Then get a snooker cue..... oh no wait. I've said too much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Think about how you carry an old style six pack. The one with the six plastic loops?
    ROFL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

as far as i know it is called bowling

i suppose that it is in reference to the afformentioned bowling ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

And do things that almost disgust yourself. "Six packs" and the like.

You're tamer than I thought. Cigar tubes, the aluminium ones, and wait till she's unconcious. I heard of all sorts including Becks bottles and cornetto's.

/me makes international signal for show-me-the-money *

*what's the deal with this slash-style emote? Not the muffled pinings of the former G'n'R axeman but that whole /me does this, /she steps out again, /me steps in again bidness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ever used irc?

/me sighs....

Christ no, I can barely use a VCR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

if you go to the front page on boards.ie you will see a "chat" icon. This brings you to a program called irc, it is a chat program. If you type
    /me says hello it shows on irc ....
    Gordon says hello it shows you on irc...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by pickarooney
    Christ no, I can barely use a VCR.

Why would one pubicly admit to such shame?
    Bad rooney. bad.

Advertisement