Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Slane Gig

Options
  • 31-10-2002 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

The 2nd U2 gig from slane is on network2 on Saturday night at about 8 i think watch it it was way better than the first one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Hmmm, I was at that one. Very drunk. Lost all my friends, and kept falling over inflatable couches and chairs, not fun. The tunes were good though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

no way man, the first one was much better. bono was drunk and ... thats it, he was drunk. what more do you want? great weather, drunk band, good music, its like heaven.
    (btw i was at the first one)

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Originally posted by adnans
    no way man, the first one was much better.

Beg to differ adnans. Slane #2 for me!!

My first EVER concert (shelterred life and all that!) It was unbelievable!! :)

Pretty decent support bands (kinda pissed off tho when Ash replaced the Foo's, but as it turned out, Ash were actually good! :eek: )

Ardal O'Hanlon singing "My Lovely Horse" on stage with Moby!

Ireland beating Holland 1 - 0 on the big screen!

Me and my mate got to know (nudge,nudge,wink,wink) these two girls from Cork!! :p

Oh yeah......U2 were there aswell I think!!

And, later on in the evening, all cos we went the wrong direction for the bus home....we slept the night in a bus shelter in Dublin City!

How very "Rock 'n' Roll" :rolleyes:

All in all, great day, fantastic memories!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Yeah I was at the second one, it was excellent, but I reckon the first gig had a better line up, Colplay and Red Hot Chilli Peppers as opposed to Moby and Ash.

Originally posted by comet
    but I reckon the first gig had a better line up, Colplay and Red Hot Chilli Peppers as opposed to Moby and Ash.

Yeah, would have liked to have seen the Chilli Peppers (supposed to have been flippin' mental!)

I'd be a little bit wary of Coldplay tho.

Not really my cup of Java :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

I was at both of tem the support for the first day was better but for U2 the second gig was marginally better

Does anyone know if theres any plans to release either Slane gigs I taped it Saturday night but it was edited down to nothing but what we got was class. The memories.

Yeah I'm hoping they will release the Slane concerts but I haven't heard of any plans to release any full length version of the program from the last night.

I'm hoping they do though, the show itself was pretty good but there was a helluva lot edited out to fit it into a hour long.

Surely if something like this is on TV it means a better,more complete effort will be released on Video/DVD?

Doesn't it?

Failing that does anyone where there might be a bootleg version of the second Slane gig for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

On the question of which was better i have to say U2s preformance at the 2nd out classed the first for a number of reasons but would prob bore you if i went into them

U2 released the best of on monday and to promote that U2 released Slane on tv. It is being shown world wide. Iceland was first and they got to see Angel Of Harlem. We got SBS instead.
    It has been mentioned that on Friday night on CH4 New Years Day will be broadcasted in their verison.

All in all there should be 11 songs from the show on various TV specials.

Larry Mullen has been editing the gig for a DVD release that was promosed by Edge at the Hot Press awards. Also a man involved in the production said it was coming out in two weeks.

Signs are very good for a DVD which i think would be amazing as they were the best gigs i have ever been too!!

PS there are many petitions on the net for its release www.u2tour.de for example

Advertisement