Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

awful just awful

• 31-10-2002 6:02pm

i didnt think we were totally out played by dortmund last nite. they had the better of the chances but we had a bit more possesion i feel. i think its time for everyone to swallow and admit, seaman is just not agile enough to keep goal for a top class european side. And i could have pointed this out in 98 when it first became clear. Nayim was the 1st sign of what was to come back in CWC final in 95.

Last nites 1st goal for borrusia, sheer bloody awful stuff. dived when all was left to do was pick it out of the net. and just when is wenger going to cop on that lauren just isnt cut out to play in a flat back four. blackburns sole shot on target saturday came from when lauren had wandered up the pitch hoping the winger who is entitled to be in an attacking position would cover for him. deportivo at highbury last year revisited.
    We came reasonably close with a couple of chances. if wiltord had height in his shot on target at the stroke of the half we may well have seen one of the competitions most sensational goal's to date.

certain changes have to be made at arsenal if our season has to get back on track. Luzhny who'll at least stay with a winger should replace lauren at right back. to think we missed out on jerzy dudek to play that has-been sickens me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

In fairness the penalty award was very harsh - Koller took a serious dive to get it awarded, and should have been booked himself - anyway yis are through after the PSV result so stop moaning :)

This is probably just a minor dip in form - they'll recover no problem.

twud be nice to top the group though. maybe auxerre will do us a favour and beat them c;unts next week. I think auxerre are a much better side then dortmund. players such as benjani, mexes, cisse,kapa, and boumsong will be widely tracked by european teams in the next year or so.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

****ish penalty alright, like he came off a springboard.

Auxerre have a fine team, if they hold onto them, they should be a good beat for the UEFA cup me finks if they get them all fit.

Mexes would want a hair cut god bless him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Originally posted by tipp_Gunner
    And i could have pointed this out in 98 when it first became clear. Nayim was the 1st sign of what was to come back in CWC final in 95.

I think saying Seaman started to fade seven years ago is abit harsh,Seaman has been a top class keeper for many years.It 's just with the nature of the position that if you have a few bad game every one starts jumping on you.

Sposs id honestly rather an agile keeper like dudek or manninger even filled that criteria. seaman is been knocked now by the people who overated him in the 1st place, like theyve overated beckham, rio ferdinand, and the likes. and still not a world cup or european c'ship to show for amongst any of them. he's on the england team coz he's seemigly more consistent then all the other dodgy keepers in england. having said that, a good goalkeeper broke out of seaman in the game vs villa at villa pk last year. saved what could have proved to be the title winning penalty coz every contribution helps. Still id rather someone livlier between the sticks. Casillas hopefully

• Advertisement
Advertisement