Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No 5.1 sound on comp sound card

Options
  • 31-10-2002 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Ok.I've installed my new sound blaster 5.1 sound card in the computer.When I test to see if the speakers are working properly,I get the sound flying around me perfectly.
    But when I play a DVD I only get stereo sound,and I'm not given the option to change from 2 speakers in WinDVD.
    Do I need a digital setup in order to get the correct sound from the card.I'm pretty sure it has that capabilities,but what else do I need if that's the case.Would there be limitations on the computers DVD drive?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

older soundblaster drivers for win2k didnt support 5.1 sound until xp came out. even then it took a good while for creative to release 5.1 compatible ones for xp. so me thinks you should upgrade your drivers. thats assuming your running 2k/xp if not i dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Thanks DiscoStu.
    I updated the drivers,and looked around the net some more for solutions,and found out that all I needed to do was to click a button on the Dolby settings for it to work.Thanks for the help

Advertisement