Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lane Position

Options
  • 01-11-2002 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

I'm bout to take m bike test for the second time after being failed for road positioning. Where is the correct position to be on the road for :
    Turning right
    Turning left
    Going straight

I thought I was right but it seems that the driving test position and the common sense position are two different things.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭btb

back when i did it, it was

turning right, to the left of the centre line of the road
    turning left, in the left half of your lane
    straight ahead, in the left half of your lane

and i cant imagine that it should have changed meuch in the last 12 yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Surely it should be the same as cars -

turning right, just left of the centre line of the road
    turning left, in the left half of your lane
    straight ahead, in the left half of your lane

as btb said.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh i screwed up on lane positioning on my test aswell, when your driving straight ya have to keep the car as close to the left hand of your lane as possible,

same when turning left and you have to keep the car close to the left as you turn left,

when your turning right ya have to pull over to the right of your lane and stop as the nose of your car is in the centre of the road your turning onto.

just relax and drive like ya normal would only within the rules :D
    i've tried mine twice now and the nerves have killed me on both occassions.

Good luck.

Advertisement