Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkway Roundabout - New Road Open

Options
  • 01-11-2002 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭

The new road by the parkway shopping center is open today. Seems pretty good.... there is still a bottleneck at the Groudy bridge (surprise surprise), but once the whole lot is opened, it should definitely help the traffic flow problems on the Dublin Road.

- Dave.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Class alright, 7 minates from town to work!! unreal, then again it is Friday and the sprogs are still off school.

Wait until Monday.

If they got grudy bridge sorted, but they seem to be a long way off

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Silly technical question about the new road:

As you leave the groody roundabout and approach the parkway roundabout it seeme to indicate that "town" is straight on hence a driver should be in the middle lane (left lane for zipping left). WTF is the right lane for then?

(OT: I've the same query about the roundabout outside the Crescent shopping centre - when you leave the Cresent there are three lanes for two exits, unless you regard the right lane as being for a 360 degree turn there's no apparent reason for it being there)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've only gone from Childers Rd. to Castletroy, so I can't comment on the road markings, sceptre.

I do agree with you about the Crescent roundabout. No idea what the extra lane is for.....

- Dave.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

What the middle lane should be for is going straight ahead, now is straight ahead parkway or town, then right lane should be to go down the old road!! :D

But I was totally confused last nite when I went in the middle land and then some hero jumped me in the right lane!! But then again maybe he thought I was the hero!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

It opened last night and the traffic was awful coming from town out at around 530. This morning it was great though, will be interesting to see what it's like next week with all the kids back to school. I think they should be forced to get public transport!

• Advertisement

John

I have to agree mate, next week will tell the tale.

I pisses me off to see mammy and child in big car, hundreds of the ****es with parent and child in one car.

if they had two 55 seater coaches it could take roughly 100 cars off the roads. What would this do for the traffic.

I noticed kids no longer walk or cycle to school, is it that dangerous for them now??

It's probably too dangerous for them to walk or cylce because they'd get knocked down by the shear volume of traffic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

good point. is there no bussing in ireland at all?

Dublin is the only place where you can find a semi-decent bus service. Even there though it's bloody awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

just to clarify... i meant school bussing...like the big yellow jobbies in the states

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Nice to see the thing I was moaning about above has been sorted (left lane for parkway, right for town, extreme left for Childers Road). People still seem a bit confused until they actually reach the roundabout but nothing that a nice sign wouldn't solve.

(still wondering about the Crescent roundabout but I don't think there's a rational answer to that one)

Advertisement