Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IwW..North or South?

• 01-11-2002 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Would Fans prefer to see IwW events at
    1) A southside Venue
    2) A Northside Venue
    3) Both

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

just a pity we could get somewhere in the city centre, then there would be no need for northside/southside :) , just a thought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Just wondering what venues there are, north of the Liffey that could accomodate 1200+ fans....(obviously not including that centre-a-mee-bob place in Belfast)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

while i think it may have been shut for building violations or something like that, the sfx is a city centre location - or what about the ambasador - its city centre and a big enough venue to hold 1000+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

The Ambassador is on a slant as it used to be a cinema so it couldnt be used:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Rochie

You must understand that the said venues hold bigger crowds if its all standing, when seated its much less.

• Advertisement

i forgot about that slant - the sfx holds 2000 standing - alegedly (it always seemed smaller to me but thats what im told) so a 1000 + seater show seems reasonable - how 'bout citywest - never been but dont they have a big hall

what about the rds - one of the smaller halls or the boxing arena place - cant remember the name right now but it would be ideal - holds a few thousand and by its nature of being a boxing arena it is custom built for a wrestling show - the national stadium

SFX is a kip, how it still runs is beyond me. They should be reported to Health & Safety. Its a small venue for wrestling too.

IwW will have an annoucement within the week about the second Dublin venue.

The National Stadium is bad news, a great venue though, nut the Tribute shows are there all the time. That will turn most people off as they will say 'Thats the same crap that was there before'.

i wouldnt overlook the national stadium just because some tribute shows are put on there - people can tell the diference between the two - be realistic, just because some **** like the spice girls play the point doesnt mean that people wont turn up for a decent band - give wrestling fans more credit than that - contrary to popular stereotypes were not all dumb

Hundreds of acts have played The Point and so forth, not the just the Spice Girls, so people know they have a choice.

When the average person sees that 'Wrestling' is on in the Staduim, they WILL say "Not that crap again". I know how to promote wrestling and it would cost alot of money in advertising to make people know that IwW are different to the tribute, the the tribute ****e will just come along and walk back into the venue after the IwW show and reap the rewards as people will think it's IwW. Catch 22.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Well then take advantage of your success in the NBA by putting the show on there.

Advertisement