Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom: Vol. 1 - Shoppers Reports!!

Options
  • 01-11-2002 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Hi

We're trying to guage how widespread the distribution of our shiney new CD is!! If you have seen it in your local store or in the multiples, please let us know by posting here! Also how was it displayed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

i'm going out to buy it soon, so i might drop into an internet cafe and tell all!!!:D Go out and buy it!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

bought it today at 12.45 in tower it was displayed as you wak in the door on the right facing you in a corner...viewable the second you walk in but could be placed much better, only 4 facings as well... i asked the guy how it was selling and he said it was the first copy he personally had sold

at 12.30 i was in hmv and there was no sign of it... i asked the staff at the till and she checked it up and it hadnt came in yet, i let pete know bout that... seemingly it was due in today but never arrived or wasnt put on the shelves

thats all...

mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Not in Golden Discs , Nutgrove either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

NEWS UPDATE from TALLAGHT:

HMV in the Square had a total of 6 copies on the shelf, unfortunately, these were displayed in the awkward back corner, but this is where they put all new release albums. Oh, and it was on the bottom shelf, which is about 2 inches from the floor. 2 facings, 3 copies in each.

Virgin had nothing, but i think you were expecting that, were you?

Oh, i didnt buy a copy, cos I didnt bloody well feel like it, but I'll most likely get it on Monday in Road or Tower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

i bought the cd at 3:20 today its very good! i went into golden discs in grafton arcade and they didnt have it in the new release section then went into hmv grafton st and they didnt have it but yes i found it in tower (finally) i saw it aswell just as you walked in the door i think they had round 2 on the bottom shelf at that time. but pete u need to talk to HMV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭insomniac

I purchased my copy at about 1 o' clock this afternoon. I'm very pleased with it. Good job! But (there's always a but) neither HMV or Road had it, which meant I had to do a lot of walking in the rain. But I had no trouble finding it in Tower. Anyway a positive response coming from me.

Toodles.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

Originally posted by Trev M
    Not in Golden Discs , Nutgrove either

you honestly expected them to have anything other than six?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Due to a logistical problem (i.e. the order didn't arrive in time) Road Records won't have stock of Phantom Vol. 1 'till Monday. The album will then be available over the counter and through their online store.

The album is now well stocked in both HMV and Tower but if you prefer to give your custom to an independent store then drop down to Road Records (16B Fade St. off Georges St.) or buy online at www.roadrecs.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i bought my copy at about 6 on friday, tower said they had sold about 10 or 20 during the day. i know polarbelly complained of there only being 4 facing on the shelf, but if u actually went around to the new album section, there was more of them there.

the cd's a lot better than i thought it would be. i kind of dismissed a lot of the bands on it, which i was wrong in doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Superfurry

Picked it up from HMV in the Square, Tallaght today. The only problem is, it's already costing me more money. I have to get Death In Vegas' and Babelfish's albums after hearing their songs. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Originally posted by beardedchicken
    you honestly expected them to have anything other than six?

No I was just there taxing my car and thought Id check ....soorrreeeeeeeeeee for breathing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tara

Music City had loads, but Golden Discs in Swan Centre had none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

Originally posted by Tara
    Music City had loads, but Golden Discs in Swan Centre had none.

That's odd - it was the exact opposite on Friday (Golden Discs had them behind the counter). Maybe Music City finally got them onto the shelves while Golden Discs sold out....

The best thing to do if you don't see them is to ask at the counter. They might have it there or, if they don't have it, it makes them aware that there's a demand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

music city had them on the shelves for ages.

near the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

Originally posted by Trev M
    No I was just there taxing my car and thought Id check ....soorrreeeeeeeeeee for breathing!

no, no, no.... it's just that it's a really crap shop! even the people that work there hate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

I went to buy one in Road today, while casually throwing money away like the fool I am. But they didnt have them in yet, I wanted to blame the amateur Phantom people for the whole fiasco, but she said it was EMI who ****ed it up, whats that about?

Oh well, I bought it in The Square on the way home so, no matter. Its a pretty good listen, if you start at Track 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

Hey,

ye all at phantom would want to have a word with CDWOW - they haven't got it in stock - they are on the Phantom website!!!!

It's where I buy my cds, so ye are missing out on a few sales I'd say...

Advertisement