Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tip For Anyone Thinking Of Getting a 7650

Options
  • 01-11-2002 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭

One major tip i'd have is that get a leather case for it when you get it........i've a nice big scratch on my screen....its so big tis impossible to protect the screen easily :/

Dubwireless you know how much it would cost me to repair/replace the screen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

get some displex to get the scratch out, it works amazingly, used it a few times on different phones, it does what it says on the tin!! you can get it at the link below, they ship to here ok, it's very cheap

http://www.grandata.co.uk/acatalog/Grandata__DISPLEX_DISPLAY_POLISH_668.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

have ordered that polish so will see how it does...

on an unrelated tip people should note that filling the fone to within about 300kb of free space is quite a bad idea, it goes well effectively mental, programs crash randomly and the fone starts turning itself off and such, its even hard to do delete anything as most of the software won't start for you to delete...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

You can get scratch gaurds for palm pilots. they might work too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Another tip , dont put anything else in your pocket with the 7650

I had my bank card in with it and the raised letters on it scratched the fu<k out of my screen ARRRGGHHH! !!!!

Im going to give that polish stuff ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Serialkiller wrote:
    Dubwireless you know how much it would cost me to repair/replace the screen?

hopefully fixing the scratched screen should just involve replacing the transparent area of the casing - hard to say how much - most of the cost can go on labour

as the 7650 is going to be released on Vodafone Live! the Mobile Phone Repair Company should have the kit in (they didn't when I called a few weeks ago), they are the repair company highlighted on the Voda site so you'd expect them to be able to service a Voda handset once it launches

there is a big market in phone screen protectors in Japan - i'd only seen them for PDAs previous to that - but haven't seen any over here - i'd wonder about how it would work on the 7650 as the screen is more flush with the body rather than with most phones / PDAs where the screen is more recessed and a protector would stay on more easily

there are a few cases out for the 7650 but none take into account the sliding keypad or position of the camera so it needs to be removed to access these:

Nokia CNT-68 and CNT-69 (can't find them on the Nokia site itself but there are loads of references to them especially on german websites?)

Or two Expansys "own brand" black or tan cases.

HTH,
    Brian G

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

don't get a case for any phone. they look soooo crap.
    I just have to give out about that ... I have a 6510 .. the back of the phone is so light and fragile that I am certain that if I put it in a pocket it would be in a few bits in no time at all ... so then I bought a case for it .... I will admit that it looks $hite but if I didnt want to be shelling out (no pun intended) for a new cover then I had to (even if of course I could source a new cover for the 6510)...
    And when people strap them to their belts it just looks so stupid!
    WTF else are you going to do with a phone in a case???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

The screen polish sort of works, i don't think its intended for colour screens, its taken away the scratch but seems to have left a slight build ont he screen that i couldn't get rid of with any ammount of rubbing and also in certain parts its acting like a prism which is really ****'n up the colour, still works fairly well, depends on how bad yer scratches are

Advertisement