Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox as a DVD player

Options
  • 01-11-2002 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the XBOX game console is like as a DVD player.
    Would I be better to buy a seperate DVD?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

ive seen dvds on both and i think that the xbox has the edge! even though im a die hard PS2 fan!!! xbox has all the good quilities of a dvd player! as if you gonna buy a seprate one then thats up too you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 timmyotoole

the xbox itself is a bit noisy and you have to fork out extra for the dvd controller but a part from that ive had no problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Paulg

I've watched one DVD on the Xbox, it was in wide screen. Is there anyway to view the film as in a 4:3 mode. The DVD was "birthday girl", are all DVDs like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Yup all DVD's nowadays with the exception of TV series, documentary's etc are all widescreen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

I presume the DVD is region 2??

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Paulg

Yeap it was Region 2, i rented it from Xtra-Vision.
    Letter box size is two small to watch on a standard TV, might have to go back to videos

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭sudo911

Only thing about the XBOX is that you have to buy the extra DVD Playback pack with the remote control.

You could also get DVD-X which has the following features and is free! ;)

Features:

ALL controls can be accessed via your XBOX game controller.

Sub Menu system features identical to stand alone DVD player.

Fully AC-3, Dolby Digital & DTS Compatible.

Full Multiregion Support.

Can be run from disc (CDRW - won't work on DVDR) or straight from Hard Drive

You need a modded XBOX though! Works great though, progressive scan included.

Sudo911.

Advertisement