Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reading Festival To Come To Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Thats exactly what will hopefully make it better than the average festival. No involvement by MCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Is the no crowd surfing/moshing thing not just a general rule that every one applies now?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

check this i found it at the bbc website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/nireland/news.shtml#reading

dregin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

Originally posted by therecklessone
    Is the no crowd surfing/moshing thing not just a general rule that every one applies now?

i was at leeds this year and the sign said something like 'please refrain from crowd surfing'

none of this crowd surfers will be ejected shít!!!

i agree with all that daveirl said...the only bad thing about leeds was the rioting which thankfully i didnt get caught up in...

and as for the multiple barriers thing....i reckon you might have to have em in ireland by law!!!

i'd still go to it though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Should have made my post a little clearer...the no moshing rule appears to be an Ireland-wide rule now, out side the country it can be much different, as your Leeds experience shows. Not too sure its law though, I think its a voluntary thing so that the government wont introduce legislation...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Any chance this will be outside the greater Pale region or will anyone living everywhere else in the country have to make the usual trek. I recently heard a dub saying he didn't bother going to slane because it was too far! There are plenty of other venues besides Slane and Fairyhouse. Thuirles was a great venue for Feile, pretty central with good access. Lots of racecourses, Limerick, Mallow. Come on, Bring it South.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I tend to agree this could be bad compared to the UKs version. However if its a 3day jobbie it could be enough to signal the end to the woeful witnness which would keep me happy. Cant read that hotpress article as its asking me for money to login to read an article with the headline "start saving your pennies". Cant have everything I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Same Witnness type music yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

ireland will manage to ruin it somehow....

seraphina, ever the optomist :p

how could anyone be an optimist when it comes to irish promoters? they fúck up everything they come in contact with!

my point exactly

hello i'm sarcasm, have we met?!:p

i got the sarcasm thanx....just adding to your bitterness towards mcd!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Read in the Sunday Tribune today that if it goes ahead it will be held in Kells.

However, our friends in MCD have decided to bid against the Mean Fiddler and are touting a Country Music festival to Kells instead. The guys in Kells are to make up their mind over the next month to who gets the deal, Mean Fiddler with an Irish version of The Reading Festival or MCD with a Country Music Festival...

any bets the country music one gets it
    and is then a huge flop
    its like the special interest radio licencing all over again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

don't be such cynics... more music more choice

Advertisement