Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

win xp ram disk

• 02-11-2002 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

does anyone know of a ramdisk program that runs in windows xp??i tryed a few of them and none of them were compatiple with xp

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,465 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

http://www.ppsoft.dk/Ramdisk_Eng.htm , works well for me, and is freeware.

Here is a couple of pics cos this post is to short and dull :)

ramdisk.jpg

ram.jpg

The site says it "monitors", but thats just a translation thing, install it and see yourself the difference.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

i think you took me up wrong i dont want something that frees up memory i want to create a RAMDISK,it creates a virtual ultrafast harddrive in the memory.So you have a harddrive which is as fast as you computers memory.BUT whatever you store in it will be lost when you turn off your computer.btw that link is dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Link does work, but from the website
    Ramdisc quickly show the ram and disk usage of your computer...

AFAIR Win98 startup disks have a took to make ramdrives? (it makes a ramdrive from the ebd.cab IIRC)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

the link is back up now it wasnt when i clicked it.So anyone else know how to setup a ram disk in win xp pro.I had a look on the M$ site but they only have tools that let you set one up in 2k or 98 there is no reference on how to do it for xp[btw i tryed the 98 and 2k ram disks they dont work]

Advertisement