Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the newer graphics cards [ATI/GF4] run on this motherboard?

• 02-11-2002 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

my motherboard

I'm looking to upgrade my GF2MX card around Christmas and I'm not sure as to whether my 'board will take the newer GF4 or ATI Radeon cards.

Even from reading the specs required for a GF4 and comparing them against my 'board, I'm still not sure. :confused:

eg. GF4 Ti 4200

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

yea u should be able to dun the geforce4. dont see what could go wrong :D (we'll have to take the underpants off!!) whats your power supply? that could be the only thing but i doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

your board will run it fine, unless there are documented cases of it not working. Sometimes some boards are incompatible because of their power circuitry, presumably yours will be fine though. Its not like its a very old board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Thanks Pyro & Gerry.

I think my PS is only a 250W butt I can easily pick up a 300W.

I'm not sure about documented cases of GF4 not running but I've had probs running a SB card
    Creative tech support told me to update the Bios so I may need to do that before I try the new card.

I asked because I wasn't sure about the whole different types of AGP ie. 2x, 4x, 8x

Advertisement