Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spyware

• 02-11-2002 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Ok ive had my fair share of spyware from kazza type programs, usually its that Gator thing, but this just takes the biscuit.... http://www.boards.ie/members/das/Spyware.JPG

My brother was playing Quake 3 when all of a sudden this just poped up right in the middle of the screen, anybody know what program is doing this?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Rather than trek through all Messenger related files I'd reccomend you go download Ad-Aware.. its pretty good at getting rid of ****e from your system (Gator et al.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

I got that too on my computer, and it came up when there were none of those dodgy sites open in my browser. Its only happened yet in windows 2000. I know its headwrecking, and the strange thing is Ad Aware didnt pick it up. I think its new, so you will have to download the latest reference file for ad aware which has all the latest cases of spyware in it. That should get rid of it I think. This is the lowest form of online marketing, and I hope whoever propogated it is prosecuted harshly.

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement