Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed with msconfig

• 02-11-2002 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

The problem:

Messing about with msconfig one day, I altered the startup type from selective to diagnostic. I also unchecked some lines in config.sys and autoexec.bat.

When the computer restarted, I was shocked by wondeful 256 colours. *Yuck* my Graphics Card must have reset it's settings. When I tried to return the gfx to normal settings, I found I couldnt. It was being recognized by the Computer, but wouldnt work.

For the life of me, I cant get it back to normal. I've set everything the way it was countless times. I'm just stumped.

If you could help me in anyway, I would be more than grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

reinstall the drivers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

FDISK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Uninstall whatever graphics card is there at the moment (if its appearing correctly or not).. and then install the latest detonator/whatever drivers for your particular graphics card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

FDISK!
    LOL! Not just yet.

Make sure everything you disabled is enabled in msconfig.

Selecting Normal startup should do this

And as kali said uninsall the drivers and then reinstall.

That should do it.

Dont mess with ms

Advertisement