Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Observation

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Originally posted by Raggamuffin
    that red back you've got yourself due to the art of backslapping.

stop it now.

when will dublin bands ever get the messege that the majority of them suck plentiful ass...... and roll in it

p.s the dj in whelans on saturday is a F..u..ck...er
    but hes a bit bald and i have hair.

considering you still havent replied to me i'll take it that you have no examples....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah but u cant please everyone

i remember over the summer me kurdt johnny etc etc all kept dragging the threads off topic with 'witty banter' some people anjoyed reading stuff like this (i know i used to enjoy readin it when i logged in) some people hated it, it was much too off topic, and they didnt like having to wade throught it all. fair enough, try and develop a happy medium. anyone who wants to only read debatable posts or jokey posts will be pissed off, but the majority of us are happy with the mixture

i think the board is at a happy medium....ive been on it for over a year know, and ok, there has been a decrease in the amount of debateable threads, btu i also remember at the last year there were about 10 threads like 'whats ur top 5 albums, singles, music to dance to, music video's, ur embarassing ones etc etc' sonctantly during the summer. also, i find there is an increase of irish bands, or at least interest in irish bands, so this has to be reflected in the website.

i dont want to have to feel like i have to come up with a big debatable thread before posting here, or else people will call me boring/stupid/predictable. i have to say i like things the way there are. i know the idea for the 'what tune r u listening to now' came from another forum on baords.ie and not due to not being able to come up with anyhting interesting-maybe the forum would benefit from some more threads to debate on, i love a good old debate, but im not gonna get sulky when there isnt any and start damning the board for it-in affect were insulting ourselves.

so rather than everyone posting in agreement, and worrying about the state of the boards, why not contribute somehting you want to see on it? this thread in itself is a good way of starting this i suppose, coz it has sprang up a debate.

with regards to the idea of a sticky, ok...it probably is a good idea. but i;ll be honest now...sometimes the idea of wading through all the gig related posts is annoying, but i know if i dont i wont here about the ones i do want to go to. I think if a sticky like that was started, a good chunk of people would ignore it, for me, that goes against the whole idea of phantom.

oh ant the hotpress thread....u have to expect that kind of a reaction cos most people are here coz they like listening to phanotm...no one's goign to be too happy when something they like is slagged off.

this is getting long but ill say one last thing (in this post at least ;)) this is a message board, this is the internet-the nature of it means u ahve to put up with people trolling, being cleverer,stupider,younger, older, duller then u etc, and having different tastes to you, and this can of diversity can be seen in the way message boards are ran. If the layout was changed and we could only write up certain posts, theres still be people complaining about the state of the baord!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

happy mediums are boring,
    i prefer the weird and scary mediums the ones that scare small children.

people are only happy cause it suits them.
    phantom suits them and fits in nicely to their life.
    snore..............zzZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

If the "what song" thread is so great, why is there a two star rating?

So, apart from witty/jokey threads, debatable threads, music, threads and gig threads, what are there? Debatable threads can get serious and boring, I don't think every thread should be one, but if one came along once every three weeks I'd be happy. In fact I'm not even looking for debatable threads, just interesting and off beat ones, like Raggamuffins drinks that go down easy ( I mean what has that got to do with anything? Nothing! ) I'm not looking for spam or trolling or flaming, just witty come backs. " i prefer the weird and scary mediums the ones that scare small children."

And as for people ignoring a Sticky Thread!! How can I argue with this, it's at the top of the board and would be marked GIGS!!:rolleyes:

And I never said I was against diversity, in fact I think we need more diversity. MORE DIVERSITY! MORE DIVERSITY! :) Oh and those little monkeys that hang from cocktail glasses, them too.:)

Just like to say that with the p(h)ub crawl, ppl will meet in real life and might not be afraid to have a bit of playful slagging since we'll know what each other looks like.

there has to be a little bit of relevance with threads to phanotm fm and its listeners. like has been previously stated, the message board got hidden amongst boards.ie for being too under moderated, and threads like ragumuffins would probably piss off the powers that be...slagging is great within threads, but not everyone's looking for that, and as far as im concerned, there is plenty to be seen in the different threads.

oh and i do not like the idea of a sticky for gigs, i think most of us benefit from them in the long term from HAVING to wade through them

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Shorty
    If the "what song" thread is so great, why is there a two star rating?
    so what?
    some people enjopy posting in these, some people dont. if u dont like it just skip over it, it'll die down eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

no it can't die! it must live for ever and take up all the bandwidth

Oh yeah .............I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaa-ack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

what sort of pants? eh? eh? eh?

hmmmmm....

you really gotta wonder sometimes....you really do!

The same thread on the rock/metal forum has a five star rating, so it can't be theme, it must be content?:confused:

how do you rate a thread?

• Advertisement

There, I just gave it a five, I'm off to eat my words. :p

There's a bit at the bottom of the page were you can rate the thread.

i think the ratings that show up are the last rating posted
    ive seen the one on the music/radio forum have only 2 stars
    so shutup with yer damn thread moaning ;)

Ahh you know you still love me! ;) Now lets forget all about it over a big bowl of strawberry ice cream! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ice cream nice

ill have pralines and cream please made with free range eggs if yer offering ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

is mcdonalds ice cream made of pig fat???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by johnnynolegs
    is mcdonalds ice cream made of pig fat???????
    Lets hope so.... mmmmmmmmm porky goodness!!! :D

I want to see if this thread will get any more replies? b u m p.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Of course it bloody well will!!!

Sure isnt this the thread that sparked the revolution.........

Muahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

sorry shorty just read your question to me now. I turned off this board a bit. Not sure why, it just doesn't seem as fun anymore. Maybe I'm wrong, but after the pub crawl it seemed to focus on small talk a bit much.

• Advertisement

attacks/violence/aggression

no thanks

lets have peace and love

hippie style

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Just as long as free hippie style love i dont mind

Im a poor student i cant afford love otherwise id be the most loved up woman on the planet.........

Damn spar on campus!!!!

Damn yummy hot chocolate in the cafateria yokie!!

Damn course not studying nutrition yet so as to motivate me on my quest for healthy food (which may or may not be free)

yes i had a point originally but it got lost somewhere between Hot chocolate and Phibsborough.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Well at least you have yummy things in your college..... I think ucd is secretly butchering students to make their disgusting wares.... Oh yes im onto you ucd

lamda...just be glad ur not a vegetarian
    the day i go into the canteen and discover there's no tomato-involved-veggie-option on the list is the day i will die of shock. i reckon they must get a rakeload of them in, or a special offer with some big tomato producers somewhere

sure yesterday it was 'stuffed tomato'

who the hell would eat that?????

(i dont like tomato's by the way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Sneakier2

I think the 29th of November in Dorans would be a great time to discuss this. No tonly could we discuss how terrible it is that people plug their gigs here but we could also watch my band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by Amz
    yes i had a point originally but it got lost somewhere between Hot chocolate and Phibsborough
    That should be the title to Mark Rutherfords autobiography.

Advertisement