Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i overclock my pIII 866Mhz

Options
  • 02-11-2002 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Can sum1 plz tell me step by step how 2 overclock my pIII 866Mhz intel processor. i know u havw 2 increase my fsb but it wont let me change it in bios. any help wub b greatly appreciated
    thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

You will have to tell us the name of your board , if it is a dell, gateway etc you cant overclock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

If you can find a program called softfsb, that may be able to change the fsb for you. You will have to identify the clock generator chip on your motherboard first. Its not likely that the chip will support higher fsb's, but this is about the only avenue open to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gaid1n

yeah its a dell, nuts 2 that neway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Did you get a manual with the Dell? I used to a have P120 a long time ago and the manual gave a decent description on jumpers on the board.
    Did you have a look under the case? Unlikely these days but you might get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Forgot to mention.. that I have a Generic P850. The fsb is 100Mhz and of course the chip is fixed at the 8.5 Multipler. A 866Mhz chip with it's fsb at 133Mhz might have the option to go to 150Mhz but the memory might not like it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement