Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the sister really were the biz

Options
  • 02-11-2002 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

started listen to my sisters of mercy cd's again....good to hear lucretia my reflection, vision thing- rawkkk & roll darkness man....and all the other classics...wonder if aqndy & co. will ever come here again......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, they were quite brilliant. But I was always far more of a Fields Of The Nephilim fan, they were just the best Goth Rock band ever, far deeper, more progressive music than the Sisters.

I heard they(Sisters, that is) were meant to play this year, but that was the last I heard of it. The Mission earlier this year were quite fantastic, definetly one of the best concerts I've been to all year. Dont suppose you were at that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PointyTeeth

I'd agree with you there AngelWhore, Sisters were very good but Fields of The Nephilim are head and shoulders above any other Goff bands - past or present.

Are you aware that Jungle Records released a 'new' Fields Of The Nephilim album there last month and apparently its utter ****e - McCoy and Pettitt have disowned it already .. .. ... BUT ... ... ... apparently theres an official new album on its way.

If its anything like Zoon I dont mind the wait!

For more see here
    http://www.fieldsofthenephilim.co.uk

Oh, so naughty words are banned on this board. I see!

Yes indeed, Pointy Teeth.
    And have a welcome to the board. :)

I have indeed known, for some time, about the new album. And I got a special edition 2 CD digipak version of it. Aswell as a 12" Vinyl or the new single. There is actualy plenty of good songs on the album, just dont expect anything like Elysium and you'll be ok. It's definetly the worst Neph album, by far, but it's still quite good.

But a new album was supposed to be on the way for years, and that's what forced Jungle to put out the faux-new album, to try and make some money back on what they put into the band. So I wouldn't really hold my breath for anything too soon.

Yeah they take things pretty leisurely alright so I wont hold my breath. Sounds like the Wright Brothers have been busy on their own side-projects anyway.

Do you know anything about Sensorium, Last Rites, Saints of Eden - i heard a few tracks by Saints Of Eden (the session musos McCoy did Zoon with) and they werent bad.

• Advertisement

Nope, I haven't heard any of them, but I was trying to get my hands on the Last Rites album. You heard anything of Rubicon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

sorry thought you where talkin about twisted sister

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

ha ha so did i

Then why did you bother to reply?
    :rolleyes:

Rubicon are awful - "Whats Begins Ends" or something was the name of their album.

Sounded like Pearl Jam or something - horrible raawwk music.

I'm pretty sure I binned it or else offloaded it to some unfortunate 2nd hand shop somewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement