Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Presenter is Indespensible - Paul Merton Rules!

• 02-11-2002 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

I just watched HIGNFY with Merton sitting in for Deayton
    and I've got say he did a teriffic job, helped admittedly by the others who did'nt try and make his job any harder than it might have been. Maybe he should carry-on full time with guests
    filling in for Mertons old job!

With that said, which other shows could gain a new lease of life by
    dropping thier presenters? The Late Late show, They Thinks its All Over? Never Mind the Buzzcocks?

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Jasper

Originally posted by daveirl
    said it here before - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=627166#post627166

I thought the show wasn't half as good with out Deayton. Merton spoke too much as presenter. Merton is the best thing about the show but far better as a team member

Agreed. I watched it last night and thought it was a very poor show. I have been a fan since the show started. My guess is that if it carries on like this it won't last much longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Got Anne Robinson replacing Deayton. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Jasper

Originally posted by Spiffing

Oh Dear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Originally posted by Spiffing

hopefully not. has it been offically confirmed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I like Merton generally but Deayton was better for that job.

If Anne Robinson is the replacement, God help the show!

Bring back Deayton! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by irishgeo
    hopefully not. has it been offically confirmed.

For next week anyway as far as I know, don't know if its going to be on a continuing basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i also think that Paul Merton is better suited as a team captain and not the presenter. he's too funny to be a that thin line between madness and seriousness.

ann robinson is only filling in the presenter gap, she wont stay for no more than one episode.

adnans

Advertisement