Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flaming lips zaireeka

Options
  • 03-11-2002 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Ok...I recently acquired a copy of the legendary zaireeka album by the flaming lips and was kind of thinking of organising an event of some kind.
    ...as you will probably know the album requires 4 separate sound systems an cd player to be used simultaneously!!
    .....so does anyone have any ideas,pa systems,venues,rich friends etc who would be willing to help out...
    ..If enough people are interested this maybe a go-er.
    let me know if you're interested....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

hmm I've been looking for that for a while now.. where did you pick it up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Al Higgins

Found it in the states...
    I'd been looking for it too but have only seen it second hand for rediculous money!
    I've heard bits of it(only on two sound systems)and its pretty good stuff,although there were big sections of the songs missing cos I could only play 2 cds at a time.
    One of the tracks has some sounds a verrry low and verry high frequencies and has the potential to induce serious bowl movements and ear bleeding!!
    .....but in a good way:)

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

I've heard this a few times. It's a real pain in the ass, but everyone brings over a cd, you can listen to it. Only thins, different stereos have different start times so it takes ages to do. Brilliant on first listen and then less so after that.

My friend bought it in the states by the way. Haven't seen it on sale here.

Advertisement