Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Camera

• 03-11-2002 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭

Ive been looking at this Mustek Gsmart Mini II Digital camera USB
    1,3 megapixel and 16MB, 3 in 1

Just wonderinghas anyone any views on this on before I decide to purchase its on only €56 from Komplett, Ive seen this on QVC and it got very good reviews, Does anyone know how many pictures yuo could save to the 16MB memory???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

I could be wrong but i think its around 20 high quality pics for 16mbs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Aye that would be somewhere around the 20/25 pics mark at high/fine quality i'd warrant... if you intend to use it a good bit get at least a 64mb card to go with it and a spare battery if they are available... although a lot of new digital cameras these days have power save modes and are pretty good batterylife wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭tech

this camera has only 16mb and I dont think you can add a memory stick. Also the batteries are in built and chared only buy USB... hmm i begin to think about this purcahse

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

The Mustek is 68 Euro including VAT, though you maybe getting the VAT back or something. Someone here a while back posted up pictures he took with this camera. Do a search in the archives for ' mustek '. I've also seen some pictures a friend of mine took with it, if you want I'll upload them. Bare in mind however that this camera does not have a flash, nor can it take memory cards.

Personally I'm buying this one for 170 incl VAT:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=28814&t=825&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=14&GrpID=1&s=pl
    It takes 2 mega pixel pics, has 8 megs of memory though it'll take a compact flash card upto 128 which are very cheap, 50 euro or so on komplett. It's got a flash and 2x digital zoom. It's got an LCD screen and it connects to your TV for vewing your pics or movies. It takes 1 min of 20 fps movie (avi) on the on board 8 megs. And it's a web cam at 20 fps.

If you want to spend less then this one for 122 looks good too:
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=24174&t=825&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=14&GrpID=1&s=pl
    Trust say this one is 3.3 mega pixel but I think thats actually in software and that the cmos sensor is actually only 1.3. Anyway it's still not bad, theres no LCD on it but it connects to your tv and acts as a web cam too. It'll take memory cards though their the more expensive type, smart media. I don't think it records video.

Sorry my mistake there smart media are also cheap, got it mixed up with multi media ones.

Advertisement