Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hands-free phone mod ?

Options
  • 03-11-2002 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

I've got a nokia hands-free kit in my car (nokia 6210 phone).
    It has developed a fault over the last year or so which I reckon I could fix myself but thought I should ask here in case anyone has encountered a similar problem or can point me to schematics/manuals.

THe problem is that when the phone is put into the cradle and connects to the kit I often get an insane amount of feedback. It's not consistent and can sometimes be fixed by moving the velcro'd microphone.

I suspect that there is a gain control on the kit that will allow me to either lower the microphone gain or lower the speaker volume.
    Though even lowering the phone volume on the handset itself sometimes doesn't really do the trick. So is it possible that there is a connection not being made that mutes the output of the car kit speaker when the 'phone microphone is on [ that is : the microphone is "live" all the time ]

Suggestions/Pointers welcome (before I open the damn thing up)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but anyway....
    The location of your speaker with regard to your microphone is actually quite important. My speaker is located under the glove box - right at the back, where it can't be kicked, and the microphone is located at head hight on the A pillar (about 6 inches above my head, and slightly to the front)
    As far as I know, the microphone is supposed to be unidirectional, so it shouldn't pick up too much background noise.

Hope this helps

Bio

Advertisement