Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hmm any ideas?

• 03-11-2002 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

scored a girl last night, i got her number but i couldnt hear what her name was or what school she was in cause the music was real loud :/

anyone know the best way to text her in a talkative way but not let her know i havent a clue what her name is ?

[edit] oh an hopefully get her to write her name :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

'hello, you have won in a competition on the radio on that show - you know, the one you always listen to, please send a text reply with your name, address, and vital statistics. rar."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Something

try honesty.

[edit]
    <Bard`> DEAR BABY. WELCOME TO SHAGSVILLE. POPULATION: YOU.
    <Bard`> COEM ROUND TO ME GAFF. I LIVE AT [address]. RAR! SIGNED FUNKY.
    <Bard`> that oughtta do it
    [/edit]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

There is an episode of Seinfeld where Jerry is trying to find out the name of the girl he is going out with. Just watch that episode and you will find out how to get her name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

To be serious (for a moment) the best idea is to be honest with her and tell her just what you told us.

"I'm so sorry. I couldnt hear what your name was or what school you were in cause the music was real loud. I really like you..." etc. etc.

Oh ... and Fuller/Something... yer a bollix :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Something

/me watches bard bloat out what he said in the third reply

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

"hey, how do you spell your name again?"

Although if its Mary, you're f*cked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

"hey, how do you spell your name again?"

haha:D

man be honest, itll be worth it in the long run....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Jesus, dont play the honesty card just yet :)

text her with "Hi, had a good time, blah blah, wanna meet up. Johhny" (replacing Johynny with whatever your name is clearly). WIth a bit of luck she will stick to standard conventions and reply and stick her name at the end of her text.

Thinking further on it, you could use the fact that you dont know her name to pump up the comedy value, which is ALWAYS A Good Thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

If you have her mobile number, call her voice mail by dialing 08x 5xxxxxxx (where 08x xxxxxxx is her mobile number), and there's a good chance she'll give her name in the voicemail message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Corinthian is win!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Getting her email address will work sometimes.

However it could turn out to be: BobTheTranny@hotmail.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

thanks for the help fella's , i like that answering machine one corinthian :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

whats youre name again ?,
    its mary you bastard !,
    no no, your second name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Just be honest Bernard:

"Hello, my name is 'Funky Chicken'. I am an elite pro-gamer, and a cyber-athlete to boot. Boot! Computers! Get it? /me rolls on the floor laughing my ass off. Anyway, I forgot your nick, and I was so drunk last night that my logs are a mess. If only life was as easy as Internet Relay Chat! I posted a message on boards.ie, a popular Irish internet message board system. My online friends told me that I should just be honest and admit to you that I have forgotten your name. I would really like to meet up with you again. I usually spend every waking hour in Does Not Compute, a popular Internet Café, but recently their computers have become substandard, so I have recently been frequenting Richt-Click Internet café. I will be there this satirday. Maybe we could meet up and play some cs_cock is you know what i mean? xoxoxox 101010101010 -Bernard"

Or, as you popular kids like to do, write it in as few characters as you can:

hi.rmbr me?scrd u lst nt.wts ur nm?wt skl u in? msc ws ld. -brnd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

fu marc :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Just call her up and say.

"Hi it's me, the guy you met in club (x) on night (y). Howz about you and me getting jiggy wit it baby?".

Essentially, you don't have to use her name at all. You can refer to her as babe, cuddles, treasure or similar until such time as she lets her name slip.

This happened to me once, that I was seeing a girl, but had forgotten her name and in fact it was only on our third date that I finally managed to pick up her name, by virtue of the fact that one of her flatmates used it in front of me and said female responded to the name.

From there I postulated that the name the girl had responded to was most likely her name and thus I extrapoliated her name, without the embarresment of asking her on the third date, what her name actually was.

Bottom line, don't get caught, not knowing her name, if all else fails, just call her Rumplestilskin.

Originally posted by Typedef
    Essentially, you don't have to use her name at all. You can refer to her as babe, cuddles, treasure or similar until such time as she lets her name slip.
    Risky. What happens if you find yourself out on a date with her and you bump into a friend - forcing you into a situation where you have to introduce them to each other (Ultra-risky solution: Don't and later tell her it was because you couldn't remember the other party's name)?

Dustaz mentioned using humour/honnesty, and that can also work - as long as you do so straight away and you're funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by Typedef
    From there I postulated that the name the girl had responded to was most likely her name and thus I extrapoliated her name, without the embarresment of asking her on the third date, what her name actually was.

Your powers of deduction are astonishing. I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. :)

As Corinthian said, try the voicemail, if there is no name, well you could be bold and try and listen to her messages and try and get her name from one, but I wouldnt reccomend it.
    The longer you beat around the bush the harder it's going to be. Just be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Tazz T

There are some good ideas here actually.

...but she'll probably go 'who? Sorry I don't remember you - I was a bit pissed and my boyfriend'll get upset if I meet you.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Evil Jose

Dustaz has the rite idea, Im female and Id fall for it! Put your name at the end and trust me, she'll do the same. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

lol Tazz T :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Like most posters say - be honest

"Dear babe, enjoyed meself last noite coppin a feel loike, but I can't remembor yer name ya? So lissen, I cud loike just christen yer tits 'bobsie and betsie' but that's far too much fookin effort so just tell me yer name okay loike?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Minesajackdaniels
    "Dear babe, enjoyed meself last noite coppin a feel loike, but I can't remembor yer name ya? So lissen, I cud loike just christen yer tits 'bobsie and betsie' but that's far too much fookin effort so just tell me yer name okay loike?"

lol - ya that'll work majd!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

arange to meet her in town or something, and then get a friend of yours to call over and introduce himself... along the lines of:

"Hi, I'm Mark, whats your name?" :)

<< Fio >>

Unfortunately not all women are as self-assured as you, Majd. Some will take such an omission of attention quite badly, no matter how understandable it may be. It’s not unlike the old adage of never giving an honest answer (unless it’s a flattering one) to the age-old “does my bum look big in this?” question (and I’m not saying men are all that different either).

Sometimes, being diplomatic is better than being honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

qed

Originally posted by Funky
    scored a girl last night, i got her number but i couldnt hear what her name was or what school she was in cause the music was real loud :/

anyone know the best way to text her in a talkative way but not let her know i havent a clue what her name is ?

[edit] oh an hopefully get her to write her name :)

actually happened to me fein in a club a few months ago. i still dont know if the girls name was michelle or something a bit more rarer. i got a bit of action but unusually not her number. she was reluctant coz id say she was straying a bit from the boyfriend, but fu;ck she was a lively little fox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭highlight

Why don't you ring her voicemail? Just put a 5 in front of the number. Most people leave their name on their voicemail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ahhh hah ha LEGEND :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I was at Ed Byrne last night and he has the answer to this question.

Simply, take her out somewhere, where you know there will be people you know there.

Go over and chat to a friend of yours, then go back to her and tell her that you've forgotten that person's name, and can she introduce herself to him/her so you can find it out.

Really subtle. (:

- Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

or alternatively u culd repeatedly ring her home number goin thro every name in the Big book of baby names until u get it rite, tho u will prolly b arrested after the 23rd guess :P (p.s. hint try gloria or edward 1st ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Durden

I'm lucky... all my friends know that my memory for names is so terrible that its just down to luck that I don't forget mine... so I don't run into to many problems.... but for real advice, just say, "god, i'm sorry, the music was so loud that i didn't get your name, uhmm... what is it?" hopefully you'll impress her with your honesty...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

This is sooooooo bloody easy!!!! What you do is you get one of your mates to phone her and go is Amanda there? When she goes no he says oh emm who is it im talking to? she says blah he says oh right sorry must have been a wrong number bye. Then your mate black mails you with her name for drinks hehehehe
    sorted!

UK Wolf, your a feckin genius... just pick a friend who won't blackmail you or at least can be paid of with turpintine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

This is a repeat of my statement to all you out there finding difficulty with what should be the easiest thing in the World.

Grab whatever phone takes your fancy, dial in said females number, take a deep breath and tell her that you had a whale of a time and the music was so deafening you missed her name.

Fancy that eh? Craic a joke or something about how much of an arse you are for forgetting something so simple. She'll giggle and forget the fact that she should feel insulted by you forgetting her name. And it can only get better from there. Unless of course, as some have said, she has strayed off the beaten path and you risk death by crow bar if the boyfriend catches up with you. Happened to a mate of mine once- stood in the queue for the coats in a club, idley chatting up some girl and gets greeted by the boyfriend in the carpark with a crow bar to the back of the head. Not pretty.

• Advertisement

Oh thats mean... lotsa lotsa painkillers needed there... and possibly a can of mace in future....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

My idea is better cuz u look like less of a goon also. Another on is if your in the pub and forget someones name get ur ID out and go oh look how silly I look then get them to show you theres as well "oh your isnt that bad..........shara" and your totally sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

Lol dbc, im in stitches here. Certified 100% lolazo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭YoungNastyMan

text her this.

Hey its me.
    I was just sitting at my
    computer, with a bottle
    of Johnsons & Johnsons
    baby oil, and want to put
    a name to the face.

Kerrr SPLAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Text her and ask. You've done nothing wrong - if you didn't catch it, you didn't catch it. Don't make mountains out of molehills.

• Advertisement
Advertisement