Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

why are peoples sexualities so fscked up?

• 03-11-2002 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Anyone(not a lot of you) who know me in real
    life will know that i have been on a mission to
    distroy standard ideas of sexality for a while.

Why do people seem to think that there is not
    much more than kissing and sex? I mean it's
    possible to spend hours having sexual fun with
    someone witout even taking your pants off.

I'd really love to start educating people about
    how to express their sexualities in a more
    natural way.

so, I'm curious, what are ppls opinions on this,
    do you only ever aim to either get a kiss or
    a shag from someone? Am I the only one who
    is on a mission to teach myself how to give
    a girl a breast only orgasm?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

You're not the only one - I've been educating myself in the ways of the erogenous zones and sensual practices since I hit my teens, and so far it's paid off. I think the reason most people are only interested in the more 'mainstream' methods of sexual activity is lack of education and experience. These are the types that think BDSM fetishes etc are weird and unhealthy and would be afraid to 'let go' and explore their sexuality. Compare yourself to your peers - I had fairly extensive knowledge of how to please a girl before I'd even got to second base, when most of my friends didn't even know what a clitoris was. I'll generally spend a long time on foreplay and a bit of the lesser-practiced afterplay.

Oh, I'm single BTW ladies... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by Sico
    Oh, I'm single BTW ladies... :p

You must be all theory and no practice then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I think the problem is that you're wrong.
    People are interested in having more diverse sexual experiences.

However it evolves with age.

I'd guess that you and your general friends are reasonably young. As people enter more & more into longer term relationships then they're able to experiment more.

Also, people become more comfortable talkign about sex in a group & with friends as the get older too.

So to answer your question, they do, either they don't just yet, or they don't talk about it.

You've got to learn to walk before you can run remember. (o:

- Kevin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

oh good God.....there are men like you out there???????????????
    i thought it was just a rumour started in marie claire or cosmo!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

lol, ditto to that drowner!
    must say kudos to the guys for your effort, and hope you're not all talk, alot of women fake it you know...
    you have an opportunity to change the world by educating your male friends
    do us a favour please! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

well I'm only 17 and not single ;)

Redbrick: yeah, I do know that people explore as they get older. I guess it's tied into the whole clubbing/disco/nightclub scene etc.. that I really hate. Maybe that is why i make vast generalisations. Although I'd say that some of the ladies would agree with me that guys are almost always after a kiss or a shag.

Sico: yeah, IMHO forplay should last (on and off, obviously) for at least a week. The girl should REALLY want it before you go all the way, or even part of the way, or any of the way(that includes past the bra)

I've been threatening to write a book called
    "A woman's body is like a musical instrument" for
    a while now. If you know what to do with it it is a
    wonderful thing, but to the uneducated hand it
    it will just make high pitched screeching noises ;)

then someone pointed out to me that i can just
    be a sex god and leave the rest of malekind to
    screw it up, thus making me great :D

Originally posted by Seraphina
    lol, ditto to that drowner!
    must say kudos to the guys for your effort, and hope you're not all talk, alot of women fake it you know...
    you have an opportunity to change the world by educating your male friends
    do us a favour please! :p

it's sooooo easy to tell if they are faking it. If it works then the girls should be totally breathless and not be able to talk coherently ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

maybe you can tell, but alot of(dare i say most) guys cant...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

sisob; as you know I am now your understudy! I agree with sisob, foreplay has years of fun in it before either of you even think of intercourse. I'm only 15 and to be honest I don't know a lot about a woman's body or how to "play it" but I do want to learn and would love to be able to perform things like the breast only orgasm. I want to be able to please a woman in ways she didn't think were possible yet also have all the intimacy and romantic bits as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Originally posted by sisob
    Anyone(not a lot of you) who know me in real
    life will know that i have been on a mission to
    distroy standard ideas of sexality for a while.

Best of luck captain.
    Why do people seem to think that there is not
    much more than kissing and sex? I mean it's
    possible to spend hours having sexual fun with
    someone witout even taking your pants off.

Twister for example ... in any case you are just making assumptions about people. Now while you recently may have discovered three new ways to hug your girlfriend, and I can understand the excitement, please don't feel the need to come here and share your experiences as the latest 17 year old sexual Tyrannosauraus.
    I'd really love to start educating people about
    how to express their sexualities in a more
    natural way.

Try that line from the Simpsons as an opener perhaps "Excuse me sir! You look like you need help satisfying your wife"
    so, I'm curious, what are ppls opinions on this,
    do you only ever aim to either get a kiss or
    a shag from someone?

:rolleyes:

Am I the only one who

No I believe there was a kid in Boston Public the other night who mentioned wanting to do the same thing ...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by OrangeRhino
    sisob; as you know I am now your understudy! I agree with sisob, foreplay has years of fun in it before either of you even think of intercourse. I'm only 15 and to be honest I don't know a lot about a woman's body or how to "play it" but I do want to learn and would love to be able to perform things like the breast only orgasm. I want to be able to please a woman in ways she didn't think were possible yet also have all the intimacy and romantic bits as well.

hey, rhino man(i know him in real life), I'm actually in the middle of writing you a quick guide to pleasing your woman. lol. It's almost 600 words atm

btm, it was a discussion with OrangeRhino that inspired this post

Twister for example ... in any case you are just making assumptions about people. Now while you recently may have discovered three new ways to hug your girlfriend, and I can understand the excitement, please don't feel the need to come here and share your experiences as the latest 17 year old sexual Tyrannosauraus.

lighten up dude ;)

Sex and sexuality are fun and are taken far to
    seriously. If I was wrong about making my
    vast generalisations then the world would be
    a better place.

This thread is ment for some light discussion
    and entertainement value. If you are already
    a beast in the sack then good for you. Some
    people are not and may want to get better at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

What is this sex thing you have invented sisob? Is it true, that rumours of other people doing it are all just part of a communist plot?

/Aside
    You know if you use a journalised filesystem like Reiserfs or Xfs you won't have to fsck your filesystems on irregular dismounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Not to troll but...

"Ride me sideways was another one!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

is this what happens when posters leave the CTYI board?

and whats this foreplay lark. Sure its no fun when she's wet. I prefer to spit on me lad to lube meself up.

pah, i'm not bothered talking to you cynical old farts

i tried to delete this thread but it wouldn't let me - i'll just leave it here to rot and for random cynical old men to come along and make some "funny jokes"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Mark!! Get ME a woman!!!

Anyway I totally agree with the idea of exploring your own sexuality and your partner's. Foreplay is of course important, and I'd daresay that contrary to what-seems-to-be popular belief, it's not just for the woman's enjoyment.

Yeah.

}:>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

What you are discussing is not practical until you are in a long term relationship...meeting someone in a club is the way people meet in Ireland and unfortunate that it is, that no one seems interested in hooking up outside the dizzy arena you will just stay talking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I guess the reason I am so interested is because I am in my first relationship of sorts and me and Mark were talking about this sortas thing yesterday and I was saying how inexperienced I was for a 15 year old and we came to the agreement that ignorance is no excuse. Hence, I am now gonna learn the magical ways of a womans body. I hope. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

pah, i'm not bothered talking to you cynical old farts

i tried to delete this thread but it wouldn't let me - i'll just leave it here to rot and for random cynical old men to come along and make some "funny jokes"

You could always get one of the mods to lock it or delete it if you so wish - this thread is already becoming the place of jaded teenage-male humour. It stopped being funny two years ago :P.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

Yes, i for one am (vaguely) interested in what you're saying sisob.. does involve tongue work?

/Aside startup fscks are not the way to go, reboot / poweroff is if i remember right, don't forget Ext3 is jus as good (almost)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Great to see that there are some Guys out there taking it seriously but remember that every woman is different so you cant expect what causes fireworks for one to work on us all.
    nothing worse then bedding a guy who thinks he can uses his lil plan like a paint by numbers guide and wont listen to any feed back.

Also due to horrormoanal ( hormonenal) changes what works one week can really irratate the next.

But dont be discourged :)

Originally posted by Dalamar
    Yes, i for one am (vaguely) interested in what you're saying sisob.. does involve tongue work?

as Thaed points out - there can be no plan as such - but yeah, yongues are cool ;)

for anyone how wants to educate themselves: http://www.allaboutsex.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Yes lets read a web page on sexual practices. Thats the way to enlighten all us lesser educated males about our women.

Anyway on a side- I don't think continuously telling people to "educate themselves" on sex and the like is anything more than a 17 year old hormonally fixated on sex looking for kudos for his prowess. Its all very entertaining however.

I know nothing about sex by the way. When I do have sex again I will be sure to check out that webpage beforehand. My girlfriend will probably piss her bags laughing at me, slap my ass a few times before shagging me however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

well, I'm all for educating the masses in foreplay and all activites surrounding erotica, erotic behaviour, sex and sexuality and all that it entails, without necessarily involving the actual act of sex.

I think it boils down to one thing - listenening. Both with ones ears and ones body - to what your partner enjoys, likes and building and building on that until you end up taking hours of fun without actual sex involved.

Tantra rocks, for anyone curious, though I am only starting to study it

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭strawberry

Hmmmmmph....................

Originally posted by strawberry
    Hmmmmmph....................

:D yyyyyyeeeessssssssss - it wasn't me - it was someone else,
    really it was

root@umm_hmm# fsck -t right_thats_what_she_said /dev/sisob

Originally posted by Pigman
    You must be all theory and no practice then.

I'll have you know I practice regularly

I mean....

Crap... :(

• Advertisement

why are people sexualities so ****ed up? probably lack of communication. i think if ur not enjoying yourself, or even if u are but want things to be a bit more erotic, all u ahve to do is ask.

but some people out there are too afraid of saying such sexual words to their partners (especially when theyve just started sleeping together) and will just lie there and take it rather than asking them to be more exploring.('but what if he/she thinks im a freak????')

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

lots of reasons

laziness.

not enough time

low sex drive.

education

many things.

i think its unfair to say things like that about people to be honest.

i mean, why havent you become an international rally driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

Originally posted by hedgetrimmer

I think it boils down to one thing - listenening. Both with ones ears and ones body - to what your partner enjoys, likes and building and building on that until you end up taking hours of fun without actual sex involved.

This is all well and good, but you have to also listen when she doesnt want to spend bloody hours at it....

Sometimes a woman just wants to get nailed...

Originally posted by foxinsocks
    Sometimes a woman just wants to get nailed...

Where are theese dream women & do they have sisters?
    Oh wait, I'm being a thoughtless man again, my bad.

The reason I think that lots of men don't go in for foreplay is because for the man it holds bad memories of girls not putting out, thus at a subconcious level men associate foreplay with sexual frustration, where chicks don't put out. Thus when you get old enough that foreplay is no longer a supplicant for sex, but it's precursor, it can actually be fun, but in the early stages, it is quite frustrating for the man, at least it was for me when I was 14/15.

I found that going out with older chicks was much more rewarding in this regard, as you can spend time courting a chick, without any of the bullshít angst that goes with wondering if you will get your end away in the end.

That's how I'd call it.
    So sue me.

its like that bit in high fidelity where he says that guys get put off foreplay when theyre younger, coz all they wanna do to girls is touch them a bit and theyre not allowed.

tis true sometimes a woman just wants to get nailed, but sometimes a bit more is nice.

No one says men don't get a kick out of foreplay.
    Personally I love courting a girl, it's great crack, but, umm, foreplay is a totally different concept to 'bases'.

Atypically bases are the sliding scale of intamacy that men and women go through when younger, and bases were for me, frustrating. Still I like courting a girl, that I think deserves the time investment.... sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Am I the only one who

hehe no your not the only one. I have passed that mission and the *ahem*belly button*ahem* mission. I'm kinda stuck now as to what my next mission is going to be. Any girls out their have any idea's for me ;)

kayos

I'm not sayin' he was right, but you're sayin' a foot massage don't mean nothing, and I'm sayin' it does. I've given a million ladies a million foot massages and they all meant somethin'. We act like they don't, but they do. That's what's so ****in' cool about 'em. This sensual thing's goin' on that nobody's talkin about, but you know it and she knows it, ****in' Marsellus knew it, and Antwan shoulda known ****in' better. That's his ****in' wife, man. He ain't gonna have a sense of humor about that ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Am I the only one who is on a mission to teach myself how to give a girl a breast only orgasm?

No your not. It took me long enough but by God was it worth it- if thats what flicks your switch then it takes about 30-45 minutes and almost always with someone you have had a long term relationship with. Then again- if you are in a long term very loving relationship then a look in the right way will almost cause your partner to orgasm furiously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Kell
    No your not. It took me long enough but by God was it worth it- if thats what flicks your switch then it takes about 30-45 minutes and almost always with someone you have had a long term relationship with. Then again- if you are in a long term very loving relationship then a look in the right way will almost cause your partner to orgasm furiously.

i nearly came in my pants today.

i was looking at nakid pikchures though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Right.... knowing most of the people who've replied to this thread i find this rather funny.

Now, firstly ffs lads with your 17 year old stereotypes..... all fine and well that most of ye didnt know what a girl was at that age but that doesnt mean 17 year old dont have a clue....

Ask Kharn if you're unsure :)

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

Although some 17 year olds may be experienced, I doubt they'd be half as experienced as anyone over 25, and if they were they'd probably been in relationships with partners of equally young age. They'd be hardly the ones to know the nitty-gritty.

But in fairness, it really does seem like an attempt by sisob to display to the world how great a sexual partner he supposedly is. Sorta glad the way grace spotted this thread though. :)

Originally posted by mirv
    But in fairness, it really does seem like an attempt by sisob to display to the world how great a sexual partner he supposedly is. Sorta glad the way grace spotted this thread though. :)

whatnow, who the hell are you? ;)

And, yeah it may seem that way. But I really dont feel the need
    to be worshiped by a lod of random strangers. The whole sex
    god thing is a (most likely sarcastic) joke between me and ppl
    I know in the "real world".

I am no sex god. I'm a virgin for christ's sake. I just happen to
    dislike the way popular culture portrays sex. I don't claim to be
    all knowing. but, For a lot of peopl it *seems* to be just
    masterbation with a partner. I'm not trying to insult anyone or
    their way of life or their sexual practises. I just think that there
    is a lot out there that a lot of ppl are missing. Maybe it cannot be
    avioded.

oh yeah and RE: "you have to crawl b4 you can run" - of corse,
    but that doesnt stop you learning about how to run well now ;)

Fio: Glad your enjoying this ;)

I find this thread funny because I still can't even picture myself having sex (anyone else can feel free to).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

And, yeah it may seem that way. But I really dont feel the need
    to be worshiped by a lod of random strangers. The whole sex
    god thing is a (most likely sarcastic) joke between me and ppl
    I know in the "real world".

Notice how (a) this isn't the real world, and (b) how this board is actually a serious forum for people to ask otherwise awkward questions, not for your satires to frolick freely like some sort of hummingbird on ecstacy.

Originally posted by mirv
    Notice how (a) this isn't the real world, and (b) how this board is actually a serious forum for people to ask otherwise awkward questions, not for your satires to frolick freely like some sort of hummingbird on ecstacy.

jesus, i would never post anything of any importance with
    the sarcastic bunch of idiots around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Girls can fake orgasms
    guys can fake whole relationships

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    :)
    I don't do smilies. Thx anyway.

I rest my case.

.logic.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by logic1
    [/i]

I rest my case.

.logic. [/B]

:)

Originally posted by bobbyjoe
    Girls can fake orgasms
    guys can fake whole relationships

I think there is a very serious case to make for this post to be nominated as the post of the month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement