Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mix up on Prov Driving Lienece

Options
  • 03-11-2002 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Looking for some help on this one.

I got my Prov lienece there on friday. but they seam to have made a mix up or I have. I need to have a A lienece for my new bike, I also want a B for a car as well. Now as far as I know the form had A and B on it (it was one from Feb of this year) But when I got the Lienece it only had a B grade. Can I get them to amend this? IE: ring them up tell them there was a mixup and I need a A grade too? The test I done was for a A and B grade. Would I have to reapply for the Lienece? If anyone can shead some light on this it will be a big help as I want to have it all sorted by the 11th of this month. So does anyone think I could get them to reissue it for me?

Note: I used a old form as I dont have time to go to the cop shop and get a new one. So I had that one filled in just never send it off. I also live in Kildare so there is no waiting for getting the Lienece.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

im sure if you called into your local licencing/motor tax office they'd sort it out for you quickly. Despite the never ending queue's they are a helpful bunch of people :D

I doubt you'll have to reapply for the license

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bo Duke

Ring them up and tell them to pull their head out of their ar*e.It was their mistake so they should fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Well I rang them up and they said that I needed to send in a new form with the ID with the mixup on it. also 2 Passport photos. I dont need to send in any money or other forms. So its all done and sent down to them on swift post. But they now have a weeks waiting for post (looks like no bikey for me holiers :( ) I then just need to get the insurance (€1,600 fully comp) and road tax (€44 for the year)

and I'm sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

I told you if you wanted it sorted quickly to call down to them in person. Don't expect fast service otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

And I told you, everyone I know with transport work 9 to 5 or in my case 9 to 5:30. the tax office close at like 3:30 and dont open on Saturday's. So tell me how am I meant to get to Naas?

bloody student bumms :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement