Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Reception

• 03-11-2002 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello all,
    Please can you advise whether I will be able to receive the following.

Although I'm living in London at the minute, I'll be moving to Co.Kerry (already have a house there, in a hilly area) within the next few months, and I would really like to be able to receive the radio stations I listen to here, Virgin, LBC, Radio 5 Live, Sport Radio etc.

I can *sometimes* get Virgin or talkback..it has something to do with the weather I think, and as I'm not at all expert in radio electronics, wonder whether there is for example, a booster am/fm ariel I can buy, or an electric ariel come to that.

Would really value any input, and I apologise if this is the wrong forum to ask this question.

Thanks,

Smartcars

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Virgin and LBC would be accessable on Sky. Sky with FTV card from UK would get you BBC Radio 5 Live.

Do you have Sky where you live in UK? If so, I suggest taking the digibox and card with you to Kerry and getting someone to install a minidish for ya. That way you'll have all BBC digital TV and radio and many other TV & radio channels.

As for reception of BBC Radio via FM in Kerry, I'm not sure as it's the opposite end of the country to me.

Advertisement