Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

inspiron 7500 laptop cdrw drive problem

• 03-11-2002 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

ive reformatted the hard drive after win2k started acting slugish. (cdrw didnt work in the OS either).

it gets recognised in the BIOS screen as ATAPI CD-ROM: UDJA310 and the dos drivers load with no problems. from the time i switch on the laptop, the status light goes on and doesnt turn off at all untill the laptop is switched off. the eject button doesnt work and the only way to eject the cd is to use the good old fashioned pin.

its a cdr-rw/floppy combo drive bay thing. the floppy works perfectly. its the cdr-rw drive itself. anyone got any tests i can run on it, or do i succumb to calling the Dell tech support?

adnans

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Have you tried updating the cd drive firmware (http://support.euro.dell.com)? New firmware fixed a problem I was having with my inspiron 8100 cd drive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

excellent. ive done what you said and the cdrw is working fine, it even ejects properly :) thanks Meh

adnans

Advertisement