Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norton Anti-Virus software problem

• 03-11-2002 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

so i have norton anti-virus and recently i has just started turning itself off. Like i would be in it fixing some of the options or doing a system scan and then it would just turn itself off and go back to the desktop. Also it started not letting in any of the mail in outlook express. I started to think that they were all viruses. Does anybody now what the problem might be and how to fix it? cuz i don't want to have to go and ring norton cuz i'v been told that it costs €35 for there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

disk space of 50Mb free needed on c: drive for it to be sweet

could have been partially knocked out by virus

launch NAV, click options

check auto protect is on and email scanning is on too.

qurantine rather than repair viruses

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Well i have plenty of dick space left so thats not the problem. I can 't turn on the email scanning cuz, as i said, then i can't receive or send any emails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

AFAIK there are virii that will knock AV packages off (including Norton).

check here for more info

Advertisement