Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new album recommendations

Options
  • 03-11-2002 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

im really liking the thievery corporation's new album - the richest man in babylon. its chilled out far eastern style reaching into south americas and singing in really not so familiar languages is damned cool.

now for something different. you know that 'what tune are you currently listening' thread. can we lock it please, its sell by date has just been passed twice already. there is a place and time for those sort of spam fests. #boards.ie on quakenet using any famous mp3 spam script. at least people there can tell you that you are an idiot and immediately ask you to turn off the damn thing before they kick you.

so whats the new album you wanna recommend?

adnans

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

What tune are you currently listen to now? ( 1 2 3 4 ... Last page )

threadwontdie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Jurassic 5 - Power In Numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

forever delayed - the best of the manic street preachers - the remix cd is worth it alone in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

low-trust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

New albums? why? do you already have all the good old albums?

I'd say only about 1 in 5 of my purchases are new albums.. theres just too much good stuff out there that I don't already have :)

anyway the last 2002 release I picked up was Amon Tobins "Out From Out Where" and its absolutely stunning, the guys a bloody electronic genius.. anyone who loves some dark moody ****ed up headphone listening should have this album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

The Street's - Orginal Pirate Material

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

beck sea changes is really good, and jeff buckley/gary lucas songs for no one.

the queens of the stone age one too.

has any listened to the sigur ros album,i want to know if its worth getting.also how good is the new low one-trust

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

I've been listening to JJ72's new one over the weekend and its flipping fantastic. A great follow up to the first album and not to be missed. Got a friend of mine who didn't like the first one to take a listen in case I was mistaken and he was really impressed. Definitely my favorite album of the year so far but BDB has a new one on the way so that may change.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by Kali

I'd say only about 1 in 5 of my purchases are new albums.. theres just too much good stuff out there that I don't already have :)

That's quite true. I'm playing an awful lot of catch up when it comes to buying albums.
    Like you said, most of my purchases are old albums. Recently is an exception though because I bought the new J5, Slum Village and Dj Vadim albums.

Oh and I reccomend all 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

thanks to hmvs 3 for 30 offers you can get loads of old albums,instead of one new album.although virgins two for 35 for new albums is very good if there are two new albums you want

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Listening to "2 many DJ's" by Soulwax, and "Definitive INXS", 'cos they rocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Originally posted by Kali
    there isnt a huge gap when it comes to recommending good old albums. they are probably lying on your bedroom floor or something. new albums that are good are hard to find and sharing them with others is something nice to do :)

adnans

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

get the new Berkeley album - hope.Prayers and bubblegum from

http://www.supremorecordings.com

its not out for a couple of weeks but it shud be cool.It was recorded with Steve Albiniwho did Nirvana's In Utero

www.berkeley.cjb.net

dregin

Advertisement