Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook XP Problem

• 04-11-2002 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭

I have recently had a problem with outlook XP every time I reboot my computer the account settings change and I have to re-do them everytime I boot the computer and it's becoming annoying.
    The incoming POP server changes to 'localhost' and my username is appended with the the address of the incoming popserver which needless to say makes it not work I.E. it changes from user@server.com to user@server.com[mail.server.com]

Anybody got any ideas Please

Redshift:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Have you got Wingate or Windows Internet Connection Sharing set up?

It can do that, you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Originally posted by Bard
    Have you got Wingate or Windows Internet Connection Sharing set up?

It can do that, you know.
    No I have nothing like that im conecting to the internet through a router and the network connection is manually configured.

Thanks
    Redshift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

any Norton and if so which

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Yup this is /usually/ Norton anti virus at work. It downloads the mail into a secure drop where it can be scanned without letting it run on the local filesystem. If its all good then the mail gets passed into outlook express and it all works seemlessy.

Or so youd think, it breaks a helluva lot. Earlier versions would change your mail server to be nortons own mail servers and set your username to be <username@<normal pop server> so the mail is actually being downloaded to their mail servers in the states....checked for viruses and then sent back to your own pc.

Nice idea, but such a pain in the ass for breaking all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

that was 2000 alright, see what 2003 can Do for ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Just luvverly ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

I found that ICQ and Download accelerator can cause this to happen, best thing to do if you have any of these is remove them from your startup folder.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Thanks everybody, I got this sorted thanks to the suggestions I got from this tread. It was and issue with antivirus software thanks again.

Cheers
    Redshift

Advertisement