Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's Listening ..is Phantom changing ??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

This is getting a bit much, it seems that people are asking valid questions and then the answer is "thats not constructive criticism" people are asking the question, has phantom just come one step closer to selling out, granted they are asking in a manner that suggest that they don't want to offend you.
    The track list for the CD is a valid point I don't care how you put it, wether it be a safe bet, or economically sound, its causing a stir, and that has to be accepted.
    The fact that other radio stations will play Coldplay before blotooth means that you are stepping into their shoes even if it is just this once, I know that its only a comp, but you did say that their is a second CD in the works, what happens if this CD sells through the roof, will you change your tac tics for the second one and put more unsigned bands on the track list, I would doubt it.
    If your team is winning you don't change the players at half time.
    And if it doesn't sell well, then you more than likely won't put out a second one, so either way the chances of an unsigned act being put onto the CD is slim.

I listen to Phantom for one reason, to hear local bands, I don't care about anything else, cause I can get the CD but if a cool local band is played on phantom then it makes it worthwhile, I first heard Skyjack on phantom and now they are one of my favourite bands.

The day that phantom stops playing local bands is the day that I tune out.

But until then keep on fighting the good fight.

Niall.

Advertisement