Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help for all young lads

Options
  • 04-11-2002 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

If you want cheap insurance go to hibernian with a clean full licence and ask them about their ignition programme.This is the advanced driving test.A friend just got insured on a 1.0 corsa with no insurance history at 21 with full licence and passed advanced test for 2050.In my book thats cheap.Stick with cars other than civics colts or starlets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I did that ignition course, got me 20% off my premium and took another 10% off for agreeing not to drive between 11pm and 6am.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by John2002
    another 10% off for agreeing not to drive between 11pm and 6am.

Are you SERIOUS? Do you get an extra 10% off for not driving in built up areas? Insurance companies sure are starting to sound like facists.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I agree, complete facists.

They said that most accidents happen between those hours. I said I'd take it anyway cos if I'm driving those hours I'd usually take my mothers car, but this might not be feasible for people without access to another car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

........ or u could just read the insurance sticky at the top of the forum.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 blindboy

You can't go wrong with Qinn Direct :) I got my insuarance with them for €2700 thats not bad from a 20 year old with a full license with 1 years NCB and fair enough i have a 1l but in all fairness I'm sick of having to pay this money. one of the the boys I work with was showing me a insuarance company site in Belgium €300 for insuarance come on. Icould get TPF&T on a Subaru imperza WRX for €1000 now thats a comparsion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bo Duke

If you can get insurance on an Impreza for a grand why not post the web address so we can boycot the insurance companies. Thats an urban legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by blindboy
    I work with was showing me a insuarance company site in Belgium €300 for insuarance come on. Icould get TPF&T on a Subaru imperza WRX for €1000 now thats a comparsion

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE THAT WEBSITE ADDRESS PLZZZZZZZ .... PRETTY PLZ WITH SUGER ON TOP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 blindboy

First of all never tell lies
    Link here you go
    http://www.automagazine.be/fa/FAS.htm
    You needs a full license my colleague is insured with them and he is Ireland working
    Also you need a belgium registered car but cars in Belgium are half the price here and you can get right hand drive
    The site is in French basic translation for the page goes
    1: No claims Bonus in Beligium starts at 4 and ever year goes down. But better off to start off at 4 anyway
    2:Power in KW
    3:Cost of the car
    4: Postal Code put 1000 this is Bussels
    5:Date of Birth

:p

Advertisement