Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Adams - City Hall

Options
  • 04-11-2002 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

What can we expect from this show I wonder, I've heard his gigs can be hit and miss, some excellent some dodgy. Solo show should be interesting, anyone know if theres any support act?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Who's Ryan Adams?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ryan Adams is cool.... Holy sh1t - there are still tickets available for it. Did that City Hall gig just go on sale?

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

They've been on sale nearly 2 months, doesn't seem to be that much talk about it though. He's been raved about in the musical press over the last year so its a great chance to see him. Bono + The Corrs covered his beautiful song "When the stars go blue" recently. A lot of people seem to think he's Bryan Adams!

Ryan Adams played London last night, this was the setlist apparently

Oh My Sweet Carolina Tomorrow Sweet Lil Gal (23rd/1st) To Be Young (Is to be Sad, Is to be High) The Fools We Are As Men Sylvia Plath Call Me On Your Way Back Home Batering Lines My Winding Wheel Dear Chicago You Will Always Be the Same Brown Sugar La Cienega Just Smiled Encore Lovesick Blues The Rescue Blues Everything in Its Right Place Wonderwall 2nd Encore Come Pick Me Up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭lukin

I can't wait for it, it's really good that an artist like him is playing in Cork instead of just playing Dumpland and nowhere else.
    Fair play to the Cork City Arts Committee for bringing him here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Pint for anyone who shouts out "Play Summer of 69!!" and gets heard.

I wanna hear about him having all the lights turned on again:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

The gig was amasing he has a really good voice,( the support guy was great cant remember his name though) and he was really funny not wot I expected I thought he was a bit of a slurly bast*rd, the set list was class but none of the big singles

The setlist:

Sweet Carolina
    Tomorrow
    Sweet Little Girl
    To Be Young
    The Fools We Are As Men
    Sylvia Plath
    Call Me On Your Way Back Home
    Barting Lines
    Winding Wheel
    La Cienega Just Smiled
    Dear Chicaga
    You Will Always Be The Same
    Stars Go BLue
    Brown Sugar

ENCORE:

Lovesick Blues
    Come Pick Me Up
    Firecracker
    Rescue Blues
    He played a few others but I dont know the names

He also played a song he wrote the day of the gig, he really got into it at the end but was forced to leave cos of the curfew dose anyone know if he played anywhere else later?

Yeah, what a gig, fantastic!! Was the curfew the reason he left? I was wondering why cos he seemed to be getting really into it and the crowd were loving it. He had played 2 encores in recent gigs so it was a slight anti-climax when the house lights came up and i realised he wasn't coming back. The songs sounded so good solo, its the way to hear them i think. The support guy was Jesse Malin and yeah he was cool a great way to open a great night. I had the full setlist(yours looks pretty right), but i've left it at home, got a couple of pics too hopefully they come out.

I got the setlist off the stage and his packet of fags aswell

nice one, the last couple of songs at the end were Amy and Game of Hearts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Damn.... wish I'd gone now :(

Didn't know Jesse Malin was supporting. Got his CD a few weeks ago and its been in my car stereo since.

Feck.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Originally posted by Pep

ENCORE:
    Firecracker
    As in the Nada Surf song Firecracker? The chorus goes along the lines of
    "Firecracker the one you keep inside, Firecracker you don't know how to light"

No his own song firecracker as in "I just wana be your firecracker, maybe be your baby tonight"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement