Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brando Split & Farewell Gig?

Options
  • 04-11-2002 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

RE: BRANDO Split?

Hi guys.
    Elton here. Apologies for not getting to you all sooner on this but to be honest, I didn’t know exactly how or what to say. Firstly, the rumours are true. Brando is no more.
    About a month ago Brian informed us that he had had enough of being in the band, and that he was quitting.
    We have been together for 6 years, along time by any bands standards. I always thought we were a very good band with better to come. We all played very well (especially Brian), sang well, and had a bunch of good songs we believed in.

Self-belief, ambition, confidence, & perseverance are all essential ingredients in keeping a bands heart beating. Brian informed us that he no longer felt these with Brando and felt the need to move on.

I’m still in shock and sad that we are finished. We could continue, but for now it doesn’t feel right.

Personally, I will continue doing the odd solo gig, but my immediate plans are to take time off and do some travelling in America & South Africa, something I’ve been putting off for a long time.
    When or if I return? Maybe a solo album, maybe not. Maybe another band, maybe not.

We are officially finishing up with a final gig in Whelans on Thursday 28th November.
    This will be our farewell gig.

Our other remaining gigs include: Gara Vogue, Sligo. 14th Nov.
    Cuba, Galway. 20th Nov.

I’ve also a couple of solo gigs: Support for Mannequin at Temple Bar Music Centre,
    Fri 29th Nov.

For Aids Alliance at Temple Bar Music Centre, 1st
    Dec.

Thank you all for your support over the years. Get your tape recorders out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

in the whelans listings it has woodstar down for nov 28th..are you supporting them???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

this is so sad...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Neil_B

Hey Elton,
    Sorry to hear that any time I saw or heard Brando I thought you were a really good band with a lot to offer to the music world. Good luck for the future, to you and all the lads.
    Neil Bailey.www.sundogsband.com

That gig is gonna be a sellout. I'll be there with my box of Kleenex!
    Why did one of the best Dublin bands around have to split. I can think of a one or two who'd be better off not on the scene! I know that's a tad mean but it's the truth...IMO anyway... Methinks I'll need a few shoulders to cry on

Elton, thanks for all the great gigs and the great music. We'll miss Brando heaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Proof were it needed that there is a god

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

Oh my god. That's so sad. I never thought it could happen to you guys. Only the other day I heard that TURN might be splitting too (anyone know how the hell that rumour started? and what it began as: "ollie has a sore throat" perhaps?)

Although I have to say I've made my 28th plans twice already. First I was gonna see The Frames with support from TURN in Vicar street, then I thought The Blotooth gig in TBMC was a better option considering the frames are doing 7 nights. But now you guys are playing your last ever gig in whelans! I'm there!!

Good luck with the future everyone. Brian, I hope you've made the right decision. Elton, I hope you dont loose any spirit over this (the last thing you want is to loose the hunger that's kept us listening - remember Mick and the janes. As I recall Mick went to Australia to play a solo stint when they broke up. America sounds like a great idea and something you should have done from day one) and as for the drummer dude, I'm sure there's lots of oppertunity for you to pop up again - Damn good.

R.I.P:confused:

Mick, the Woodstar gig has been changed and Brando are on the gig guide now for the 28th so I assume Woodstar are either playing a different venue or have just moved the date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

i cant believe you guys are leaving us :(
    you guys were loved by all and it'll be a great loss to the music scene. i wish you guys all the best

Advertisement