Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Problems

• 04-11-2002 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

Hey, My monitor has been kinda flickering lately. The picture just goes out of positon for a split second then goes back to normal. I've tried degausing it (actually wtf does that do?) but it doesn't solve the problem. Now that i think about it, it started to happen when i got my gf4 but that runs fine so i dunno. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Originally posted by [-=RaVeN=-]
    Hey, My monitor has been kinda flickering lately. The picture just goes out of positon for a split second then goes back to normal. I've tried degausing it (actually wtf does that do?) but it doesn't solve the problem. Now that i think about it, it started to happen when i got my gf4 but that runs fine so i dunno. Any ideas?
    Maybe you're running it at too high refresh rate?
    I've tried degausing it (actually wtf does that do?)
    This always confused me.. it just shakes your screen and makes a bang????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

degausing removes magnetisation from the screen.. in VERY simple terms that is.. for instance you move a magnet to the screen... it fecks up the display... only way to fix it is degausing it. Also useful since the earths magnetic pole and field both move around.

As to your problem.. yes try the refresh settings.. may be too high ot too low.. and eh try it on another Pc if you can..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I had wierd problems with my Monitor recently Re-seating the Graphics card sorted it.

Cheers
    Redshift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

K thnxs lads setting the refresh rate down to 100 seems to have stopped it a good bit.

Advertisement