Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork meeting of IOFFL people

Options
  • 05-11-2002 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

Do the Cork members want to meet up in a pub for a social gathering this week ? My only good day seems to be Thu or Fri evening.

Pub and time suggestions ?

Naturally some IOFFL stuff will get discussed. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

Right, lets meet Wednesday so... :)

Might be an idea (and I mailed Dave about it earlier actually) to formally set up regional chapters for IOFFL.

Could be useful in a number of ways:
    - Lobbying local Politicians
    - Lobbying local business groups
    - Targeting local press
    - increase overall IOFFL membership & membership activity.

Opinions anybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

cisco networking course wedn evening ! Wedn would be best for all I would think though, apart from me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Timod,

Re: Local regional IOFFL chapters?

Spot on, you are on the ball as usual and your 4 suggested benefits I totally agree with.

Good luck to you.

**Deserves its own thread? IMHO!

paddy20:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Search the IRC session log for "regional" and you will see the discussion on the Regional Chapters idea.

http://www.iol.ie/~zero/ioffl/

Heres one quote:
    <DavidLong> K. Action points 3 then, to be revisited in conjunction the WG's formalisation.....but a goer

David is getting back Thursday evening about the working groups idea and the Regional Chapters idea I believe, he can confirm this ?

Regional Chapters is a good idea though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement