Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Website Poll

Options
  • 05-11-2002 9:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I notice that the RTE website is currently running a poll http://www.rte.ie/
    Interactive Poll
    Are you satisfied with the quality of internet service providers in Ireland?
    Currently and amazingly the Yes vote stands at 13.75%. Who are these people?
    A few more No votes required I think....!!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Hmm it says with the internet service providers and in all fairness there isn't much they can do to change to state of internet access. Well, except Eircom...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ProofWizard

One good service provider does not a good Internet service create.
    I know it is not their fault, however they should have the power to do something about it. You cannot be satisfied with a provider if they cannot provide what you want.
    Hence we should still all vote NO, and there is also a comments section where some well worded IOFFL comments could be well put.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

ProofWizard,

Thanks, I have just voted and e-mailed my comments, suggest everyone else follows suit.

paddy20;)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

with comment

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Daveirl,

What?

Are they asking for public comments and then not making them public on their site. Are they working for/ or in the pockets of the Eircom.Net Directors?

Scandalous, set our Chairman and Voluntary Committee members loose on them ASAP.

paddy20:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by paddy20
    Daveirl,

What?

Are they asking for public comments and then not making them public on their site. Are they working for/ or in the pockets of the Eircom.Net Directors?

Scandalous, set our Chairman and Voluntary Committee members loose on them ASAP.

paddy20:p

Someone previews them for lewd etc comment

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MoSeS_.

There's a bug in the comments submission page.

have sent them the following e-mail

Subject: Bug in the comments section of the interactive poll

When trying to submit a comment in the interactive poll I get the following error

location.value is null or not an object.

I imagine it happens on this line

if (form.location.value=="")

and is due to the fact that the second input box is named email rather than location
    <input name="email"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by jd
    Someone previews them for lewd etc comment

So Paddy20, think you can refrain from commenting on your fantasies about Mary O'Rourke and the Eircom rat ?

Yellum,

EH? Me no understand what you are saying, maybe you suffering from very expensive hangover?

Please translate back in to "Plain english"

paddy20:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

RTE Disclaimer: RTÉ Interactive reserves the right to edit comments that are published. RTÉ Interactive will put up as many comments as possible but we cannot guarantee that all e-mails will be published.

Basically, someone sifts through every comment, posting up ones that only need minor spelling corrections, and don't say stuff like "EIROMC R TEH SUXOR!! FCUK TE RAT ND HIS MUDDER!!" :D

Alright, who's David O'Neill? Got the plug in for IOFFL. Plyd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

our very own daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

well 81% against..it appears the 1000 people only interested in broadband has grown slightly (etian doyle's and eircon figures) ....what i cant understand is the muppets that think it is ok....

oh, of course, eircon managers with their 256k connections voting...

anyway i have my rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

Great to be made aware of the RTE online poll. Here's the comment I posted:

"It is no longer good enough for Ireland to be trailing behind Europe, the US and the Far East in terms of [telecommunications] policy and infrastructure.” Stark words of our Communications Minister Dermot Ahern in his speech at the TIF Annual Telecommunications Conference in Dublin on Thursday, 24th October 2002.
    With the recent massive broadband rollouts happening all around us the coming international league tables will become more and more embarrassing for self-declared e-hub Ireland.
    RTE’s critical voice is sadly missing in this important debate, with only a few exceptions.
    We have questioned RTE’s position with regards to their participation in Eircom’s three-year ADSL “trial”, which could only ever be regarded as a ploy to delay the broadband rollout and we have questioned whether Eircom being one of the top advertisers with RTE has an influence on its critical independence.
    Our to date unanswered “Letter to RTE” is published on www.eircomtribunal.com.
    Can we expect RTE to take the Internet access issue serious in the future?

Peter Weigl
    Coordinator Eircomtribunal.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

I also voted NO and left a comment. The latest comments dont seem to be working though? and it too a few times to actually reg my vote. Ohh well it might just be slow becaouse of all the usage its getting now :)

OHP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Interactive POLL
    Are you satisfied with the quality of internet service providers in Ireland?

12.75% - Yes
    83.18% - No
    4.07% - Maybe

no comment :D

Just loged back on to it and I didnt see your Comment too eircomtribunal? anyone else got the same problem?

OHP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

[if I worked in eircom] I voted yes. I'm completely satisfied with ireland's internet access for the masses, why are all of you so worked up about it being so bad ? You know if you had €ircom hi-speed you could dial up to the internet in seconds and download large files in seconds iswell, all for the price of a local call. Whats the problem dudes? [/if i worked in eircom]

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

Originally posted by OHP
    Just loged back on to it and I didnt see your Comment too eircomtribunal? anyone else got the same problem?

Mine was there :)
    We really are so far behind the rest of Europe. €41 for access per DAY in Ireland, while for that price per MONTH, the rest of Europe gets ten times the speed. Tim, Cork

In fact, I think no new comments have been added to the page since about 5:00 yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I see poll and comments are now gone wonder what the final result was ?

Internet! Is that thing still around? - homer simpson

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Just found the comments here

http://www.rte.ie/comments/isp.html

no final result though

Originally posted by ednwireland
    Just found the comments here

http://www.rte.ie/comments/isp.html

no final result though
    I can still only see a few comments and there all old ones? And im sure there was a lot more comments posted that that. Someone should show RTE how to run a Poll properly I think :P

OHP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Yeah they are old comments, mine never got to see the light of day. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i have a rough memory 82.something saying crap 12.something saying good the rest saying i donno

Advertisement