Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widescreen TV 100mhz

Options
  • 05-11-2002 12:50pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭

a guy in here is looking to buy a widescreen tv

flatscreen pref,
    100mhz pref,
    28/32 inch

less than 1000

any ideas?

Regards,
    David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

you'd be lucky....maybe in powercity......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Richer Sounds does a Panasonic 32" 100hz for €1,899...

This is the kinda region you could expect to pay..
    Power City do a Philips 32" 100hz for €1,449

Actually, just found what you're looking for:
    Philips 28" Widescreen, 100hz: €999.
    Link Here

Or a Sony 28" 100Hz for 1119
    Here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Yuo'll only get a 2nd hand 32" for less than 1000e.

Currently in Buyandsell

Philips TV. 29" prologic, Dolby, digital TV, 100MHz, 6 speakers, Nicam Stereo, VCR, designer cabinet, bargain, Price: €600 Contact: 01-8367377.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Nero

Is there really an advantage though in paying all them extra bucks for a 100Mhz ??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Yeh I'm not so sure there is really. I know on my 36 :P inch 100 Hz TV I don't notice much difference between it and my mates 32 50 Hz inch TV. Although when I turn mine back to 50 Hz the flicker is really noticable, but that may be an advertising ploy......so no, I don't think 100 Hz is that great...the size is way more important

• Advertisement

Possibly for DVD's and when Digital TV arrives then 100Hz flicker will really show. Go into Curries and look at a 50Hz and 100Hz side-by-side and you won't really notice the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

There is a image quality improvement (i.e. No flickering), I was looking at a 32" Panasonic Quintrix 100Hz and a 50Hz one side by side and I noticed an difference. When graphics came up on screen the difference was more obvious. The channel I was looking at was Sky digital on digital so you can make up ur own mind. If you have the money go for the 100Hz, Stay away from Phillips, I hear bad things about them.

Originally posted by dempseyt
    Stay away from Phillips, I hear bad things about them.
    I must defend phillips-their TV's are very reliable.
    Theres a nine year old 33" matchline in this house and the picture is as good as the day it was bought-never one bit of trouble:)
    mm

Stay away from Phillips, I hear bad things about them.

I bought a 2nd hand Philips 32", 100Hz widescreen for IR600 about 2 years ago and it's as good as the day it was bought. Brilliant TV with lots of features. Picture-in-Picture is class if you want to watch footy whilst your g/f wants to watch all the Soaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

No, it just that if you have a problem with them its usually fúcks up completely, if you know what i mean, it's never a small problem, thats what i meant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Phillips tvs are great. I haven't had mine that long yet, but haven't had any problems. Other people i know have had phillips TVs for longer and haven't had problems either. They seem to be great value.

Also, i notice a big difference between 50Hz and 100Hz tvs. i was looking at a bunch of them side by side in power city, and the 100Hz boyos were rock solid, fantastic picture. We could only afford a 50Hz one, which i'm happy with, because i think if i owned a 100Hz one it'd spoil me, and then it'd be painful to watch 50Hz anywhere else. Like if you had broadband, and stayed at your mates house that only had dial-up ;)

Advertisement