Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Strategy 2003 - 2005: Call for views

Options
  • 05-11-2002 3:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Department of Communications, Marine and Natural Resources
    The Department is currently preparing a new Statement of Strategy for submission to the Minister, Mr Dermot Ahern, T.D., as a framework for action for the period 2003 – 2005. The Strategy Statement will set out the goals and strategies required for successful delivery of the modernisation and sectoral policy priorities for the Minister and the Department up to 2005.

[...]

In addition to direct consultation with the Department’s Agencies and stakeholders, the Department is now inviting all interested parties to submit views on challenges and future strategic directions for the Department and its businesses up to 2005.

Views are welcome, preferably in electronic format, before 25 November 2002.

[...]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Action NOW is what I want to see.

Not more words on paper gathering dust in some Ministers office, more reports studies etc, etc.

Could be recycled in to toilet paper which at least has a use?

paddy20:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by paddy20
    Not more words on paper gathering dust in some Ministers office, more reports studies etc, etc.
    Agree with Paddy20. I've read reports going back nearly a decade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Man, I am of the same view as SkepticOne there (Don't get a big head now !)

Just read his Cablelink timeline and they've been saying the same old crap since 1996.

They're all good in theory, but not in practice it seems. All they have to do is commit to a timeframe and work within it.

People should still comment. In fact it might be an opportunity for the first letter writing campaign for IrelandOffline. Everyone print off IrelandOfflines views, add to them if needs be, and then send them on to the Dept.

I'm sure they'd take notice of 2500 people giving their views on strategy.

Personally, no problem sending them in to the dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

As we have taken delivery of the IOFFL magic wand yet,
    I suppose we should respond ... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

FFS, FCS how the good lord baby jesus and the donkey can we be here again...

how fecking difficult is this...

here is your document

get ****ing broadband to everyone who wants it in the country now

for details : read the last 25 documents on process

end

i swaer to fuk, this country is getting worse...next it will be a tribunal worth 25 million on where the previous 25 million went -- and where -- oh yes WRITING FCKING REPORTS!!!!

to all in the dept get off yer fat arse, forget the cod stocks -- they have left for another country with better internet access and just implement, FFS!!!

AND DONT REPLY SAYING I DONT UNDERSTAND...ITS QUITE COMPLEX

I DO UNDERSTAND, IT IS COMPLEX , THATS WHY THEY ARE PAID!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

and going nuts at us is helping how ?

go see your td and go nuts at him/her.

One so far. Keep those reports rolling in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement