Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7650 bluetooth and your PC?

• 05-11-2002 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭

Has anyone actually used the 7650 and the pc suite over bluetooth?
    ive bought a billionton bluetooth usb dongle for my pc and i can transfer files back and forth from the phone using the included software. but the nokia software dosent even recognise the bluetooth connection?
    anyone have any ideas?
    thanks
    rabbit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

had the same problem with my 6310i and the built in bluetooth in my toshiba laptop. It would seem that the bluetooth option in the nokia connection manager doesnt work with anything but the Nokia bluetooth card (DLT-4 I think). It would also appear that this card has gone out of production

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

if you connect a bluetooth serial port to the phone then setup as per a normal serial port using the bluetooth aerial port it all works, thats what i have managed with my 6310i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

can you play a network version of This I wonder?

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by rabbitinlights
    Has anyone actually used the 7650 and the pc suite over bluetooth?
    ive bought a billionton bluetooth usb dongle for my pc and i can transfer files back and forth from the phone using the included software. but the nokia software dosent even recognise the bluetooth connection?
    anyone have any ideas?
    thanks
    rabbit

lo rabbit - the 7650 uses the mRouter software from Intuwave to bridge between the local computer's BT adapter and the 7650 over the Serial Port Profile.

have it working with TDK, 3COM and Toshiba bluetooth - as far as I know Billionton use the same Software as TDK (from Widcomm), if so when you installed the Bluetooth Software it should have a My Bluetooth Places on the Desktop and in Explorer, and Bluetooth Configuration in the system tray and Control Panel? (Blue oval icons with a white Bluetooth B symbol).

If it installed the same software I can give you the setup step by step - otherwise there are two bits of info I'll need you to find to see if we can get it set-up, let me know either way.

Brian G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Any help would be great, i have just what you discribed, its by widcomm, i tried to hack the reg but i couldnt see anything that would do it?
    i have all the bluetooth symbols in all the places you described!

so a step by step would be great!!
    thanks
    rabbit

• Advertisement

Here's a step by step How To for Widcomm based Bluetooh software (e.g. TDK and Billington) and the Nokia 7650

http://deviceadvice.info/phone/nokia/7650/howto/

Hope that's helped,
    Brian G

I am forever in your debt.
    it worked perfect!! (after pressing ok to the few errors!!)
    Thanks a million, is it ok if i post that on another forum as i know about 200 million people looking for exactly that? obviously ill give you the credit for it!!
    thanks again
    sean b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

I've been doing this since I got the 7650, and the faster and more reliable transfers than infra red is great. :) Pity the Ericsson T39 software wasnt as nice with regard to Bluetooth connections. BTW, I read some reports that the downloadable pc suite on nokias website is newer, and solves some problems, so may be worth to give it a try (i used it from the beginning).

Brendan

Originally posted by rabbitinlights
    Thanks a million, is it ok if i post that on another forum as i know about 200 million people looking for exactly that?

no worries sean - you can post the URL above, it includes all the PC Bluetooth Software and 7650 screenshots.

Brian G.

Originally posted by bkehoe
    BTW, I read some reports that the downloadable pc suite on nokias website is newer, and solves some problems, so may be worth to give it a try (i used it from the beginning).

Brendan

thanks brendan - just got PC Suite V1.1.0 down - and the error message doesn't appear anymore for the Widcomm based Bluetooth software - it's a bit of a smoother connection now alright :) - the 3COM connection is still a bit fiddley though :(

Brian G

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Muck
    can you play a network version of This I wonder?

M

afraid not

two 7650 apps I have seen use the PC Suite as a "pass through" internet connecition was the IRC and IM+ Instant Messanger apps

Brian G

After downloading the 27Mb file from nokia last night i installed it, and then my nightmare started.. when i right clicked on the mrouter all my com ports had dissapeared, i was only left with a infared port (which i dont have?)
    What do i do to add my com ports to this list ive checked the device manager and all my bluetooth comports are still there?

agggghhhhhhh!!!!

help......
    sean

have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the bluetooth software

i've seen all the com ports disappear from mRrouter but that was due to a part of mRouter crashing and a reboot sorted it out

if it's still not working you could try putting the old PC Suite version back on for the time being

Brian G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭brophy

After installing the nokia pc suite i am still getting the problem that "rabbitinlights" gets and i have tried the version of nokia manager that came with the fone and i have just downloaded the latest version of 42mb and tried it also and nothing,,,

when i right clicked on the mrouter all my com ports had dissapeared, i was only left with a infared port (which i dont have?)

pic of what it looks like is here
    just_infarred.JPG

What do i do to add my com ports to this list ive checked the device manager and all my bluetooth comports are still there? (as bluetooth device is on com7)

any help from stopping me pulling out me hair would be much apprecited....

brophy

what version and type of Bluetooth Software are you using (check it's about box) - and can you say what Adapter you have?

also what version of Windows are you running?

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭brophy

I am running windows XP and am using a Widcomm bluetooth device,,,, i have a 6600 just to let you know.. I have tried your setup porcess as ran through in the link above but just no use!!!!

brophy

hi, there isn't any particular step to make the COM ports appear as they are 'supposed' to be displayed there automatically

it's odd you have zero com ports (there is usually at least one for a standard serial port e.g. COM 1 unless you don't have one on your machine)... did you ever see more than just Infrared displayed?

can you check if you are using the latest versions of the relevant software from the Support areas on Nokia and your Bluetooth Adapter's Manufacturer sites...

can you make sure you didn't have any other previous versions of Nokia Connection Manager installed / running (e.g. for another Nokia handset) before you installed the 6600 PC Suite

had it happen to me once that all the COM ports disappeared from the Connection Properties but a reboot sorted it out - maybe PM rabbitinlights (as i didn't see any feedback on how his situation worked out)

BrianG

Hello,

Since i had that problem, ive actually built a new Machine and it works perfect, but i never did get that working on the old one? Very odd?

Sorry

Sean

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Lads, what exzactly is this pczsuit thing used for?
    is there any way I can connect my 3650 to my pc via bluetooth and then browse the web on the 7650 using the internet connection on the computer and bluetooth?

Originally posted by Lenny
    Lads, what exzactly is this pczsuit thing used for?]

it's so you can connect your phone to your PC and sync data, transfer apps and images etc... e.g. here's the detail from the 3650 Support Site
    With PC Suite for Nokia 3650, you can share information between a compatible PC and your phone, install software on the phone, configure phone settings, and make backups of phone files. You can also synchronise your calendar, contacts and tasks with Microsoft and Lotus applications, copy and move images on your PC and phone, and copy contacts and calendar information from another Nokia mobile phone or a Palm device.

is there any way I can connect my 3650 to my pc via bluetooth and then browse the web on the 7650 using the internet connection on the computer and bluetooth?

have a read of this thread: Phone using Net access through PC

BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I'm after finding that I have the pcsuit for nokia 3650 on cd..
    installed it, and trying to use it by bluetooth says fone is not connected, I take it this is because I'm not using an orgional nokia bluetooth yea?

I've used that link you gave eariler Dubwireless, and now the pc suit reconises my fone
    Thanks for helping me with that great and easy link! :D
    Now its time to read that other thread about browsing on the phone..

Howcome when I am trying to select connects etc. to edit in the pc suit the drop down boxes keep closing, as if its refreshing the list of them...?

can you check something - is the version you are using is older or the same as the one currently available on the Nokia Support site... given the choice I always go with the latest

also, maybe check the label/text you have used doesn't have any characters that might be causing hassle?

BrianG

version i have is 1.2.0

I'm after finding that I have the pcsuit for nokia 3650 on cd...

the latest PC Suite Version for the 3650 is 3.0:
    PC Suite for Nokia 3650

BrianG

Advertisement