Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Expo???

Options
  • 05-11-2002 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

How would ppl feel if we were to set up an expo, somewhere small. We'd rent out a venue, ppl can show off their mods, and maybe a few ppl can be demostrating at the same time. And at the end of it all, we just have a LAN??

Is there enough ppl to hold one (about 30 - 50 would be more than enough), also would people be willing to spend time doing demostrations...

Just to throw it up in the air...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Probably a little late in the day, and maybe not what you are looking for, but I am holding a lan this weekend, and there will be a number of modded cases there.
    My own rig is a coolermaster ATC201 with watercooling installed
    I know of one other watercooling rig that is probably coming along, and there will be the usual run of windows & lights & stuff.

Maybe we can talk before the next Darkside LAN and arrange something

Bio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Hmm tis a little late in the year to get that kinda volume of people.
    Wouldnt mind heading to one tho.
    Still need my watercooling kit.

Finally got a pic here
    And yes its a bloody mess but thats only cause i'm waiting to get my new psu before i sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Good idea, and running it in conjunction with a lan party ensures greater numbers.

Where would you hold it though ? Maybe do it after Christmas after Santa delivers some hardware to people. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Well, I'll try and organize a location and stuff, preferably somewhere near town, so we can show off our wares and then have a LAN all night. I've access to hubs and switches, to set up a network. I'll sort out a site later to day, so as that I people can register their interest etc...

Advertisement