Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

this is interesting

Options
  • 05-11-2002 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭

look at this table i found on www.esatbt.com i found it shocking

Eircom Rate Esat BT Rate Esat BT Savings
    National Daytime 8.17 cent 3.81 cent
    Average 3 minute call 24.5 cent 15.2 cent 38%
    Average 30 minute call €2.45 €1.18 53%

National Evening 4.92 cent 1.27 cent
    Average 3 minute call 14.74 cent 7.62 cent 48%
    Average 30 minute call €1.47 41.9 cent 72%

i recently saw an ad on tv for BT saying that uk customers call call austrailia for 5p a minute but we have national calls at the same rate what's up with that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

Esat treat the whole island as a local call area. That's why their "National" calls are so much cheaper than Eircom.

If a big percentage of your calls are to other counties, you're much better off using Esat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Originally posted by timod
    If a big percentage of your calls are to other counties, you're much better off using Esat.

There are many more local call areas than there are counties. For example, if I call Castlebar, which is not far at all but more importantly is in the same county (Mayo), I will already have to pay for a "national call" with Eircom.

Advertisement