Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever participated in radio research?

Options
  • 06-11-2002 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Just curious to know how many of you have ever participated in radio audience research. Usually, it consists of a survey conducted over the phone or somebody knocking on the door.

Anybody?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭mojopin

Nope Brian I havnt and us phantom listeners should really shouldnt we.

www.beautifullosers.info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

When I was a kid, my ma used to get a phone call once a week asking her to rate songs off the radio, for some research people. doesnt do it anymore. but i just thought i'd share that.

One of them survey type people came to my house one lunch time a couple of years ago (2 or 3) and she was asking for someone aged 15-25 or something like that, so me and my brother did the survey. Conviniently enough, I had just recently started listening to Phantom, so I replied ot most questions with "Phantom".
    The wierd thing was the woman looked genuinely confused when I said that. She was looking at her little sheet with boxes beside all the usual names, 2fm, radio 1, 98fm etc. Dont think she had a Phantom box...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

nope and nope and triple nope - r u gonna start doing surveys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

yeah i once listened to 30 seconds of 180 songs and asked to rate what type they were and how much I liked it. Took ages.

Also asked about what radio's do I listen too at what time and stuff.

Pretty normal market research stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

i think i remember doing one by phone a few years ago....

no idea what i was asked or what i said....but i remember a woman asking about radio stations...they were multiple choice as far as i remember...and asking have i listened to the radio in the last few hours/days...how much do i listen a week? what stations do i listen to? that sorta stuff...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

yeah a couple of months back, dont worry i told of the wonders of phantom. it was funny coz they played sections of songs to me and they wanted me to pick the one i was most likely to listen to, they had the pop section and the rap section and then the stereophonics... and i was like is that supposed to be the rock section and she said yeah i guess so i said well that one but it sounds nothing like the music i listen to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

The "door step" research is usually the JNLR - the official radio research conducted every 6 months ago. It will never have any other station on their listen other RTE and the locals (they can't even put unlicensed stations down as others).

Telephone research is regularly conducted by the big Dublin stations. This is their tracking research. You can annoy them by asking them to state their name, contact details and the cover name which they are obliged to do. They'll give you a banal company name which not unreasonable. Don't forget to tell them who you listen to!! We have noticed that these stations are enquiring about us in their research!

The music research system was pioneered in Dublin by 9*F*. They ask you to join their music panel and rate a 30 sec "hook" out of up 100 songs. The most popular ones end up the play list. Thought most stations had given up on that one but it must be in vogue again!

Jeez, the guys at the big stations will hate me for spoiling their research!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by BrianD

The music research system was pioneered in Dublin by 9*F*. They ask you to join their music panel and rate a 30 sec "hook" out of up 100 songs. The most popular ones end up the play list. Thought most stations had given up on that one but it must be in vogue again!

DO people get recompensed for doing this? I think i'd rip my hair out listening to 100 98fm songs in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Yup I did one a few months back also, they ask which radio station so you listen to at certain time, morning etc, then which you would listen to for news and weather, then they played different types of music and asked which station played that type of music most often, it was ten or so minutes i will never have back.................:( :(:(

Advertisement