Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could this be a sign that RTE is coming to NI ?

• 06-11-2002 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

As of this morning the test channel 850-3 is carrying an information tag "The nations choice for Irish drama, Entertainment and news and current affairs programing". Then it gives a U.K number to ring to upgrade your subscription to recieve it. Could this be the ball finally starting to move on RTE for NI and UTV for ROI?.Or is SKY just testing another channel and using RTE's test screen.

Corm5000

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭corm500

Also rang RTE and was told that they would be available throughout the UK after they had sorted out some rights issues. As the song goes "there may be trouble ahead..."

Corm5000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by corm500
    Also rang RTE and was told that they would be available throughout the UK after they had sorted out some rights issues

that's new. is it the whole of the UK for RTÉ1 and Network 2 or a best of channel like TARA. it will be filtered down to basic programming anyway

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I would imagine it would be a Best Of.. type channel like BBC Prime or Tara. If/when it is launched, I wonder will it be available to ROI too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Four points.. sorry to be a dampner

RTE having been giving that line on phone and by Email since they shut Tara.

850-3 has no teletext stream at all. PID = 0. RTE for NI would have Teletext. It has no EPG data either.

It not on the "Irish" mux. It is most likely to use the spare capacity on "Irish" mux

It is encrpyted on PC, so the Digibox puts an onscreen banner relating to
    1) Which card you have
    2) ist Other Channel is first EPG channel banner etc
    so if 850-3 is stored at same other Channel position as SKy 1 you get the message you get for Ch106 with no card or cancelled sub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

What's the frequency Kenneth?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

The nations choice for Irish drama, Entertainment and news and current affairs programing

Agreeing with Watty..
    Thats the subscribe screen for RTE 1 I think..
    The subscribe screen for any channel in stored in the "Other Channels" section is never relevant for that channel. This test is probably the first stored station in Corm5000's digibox - relating to channel 101

So the test has nothing to do with RTÉ sadly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Fred Flange

Hello All

Sorry to bear bad news, but I had an Email from my contact in RTE today and she says :

"After checking this out I can now confirm that there is no news on this."

So the wait goes on.

Regards

Fred F.

Advertisement