Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New board suggestion

• 06-11-2002 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Hey admins,
    I was thinking that a good board would be a "Lifts Board".
    People would be able to put up a post saying they need a lift to say, Kilkenny, on Friday night from the Dublin area.
    People who are going that way could respond and they can share petrol costs.
    I don't know if it would take off but it works really well in Australia.
    Maybe you should think about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

great Idea..

Boards.ie Car-pool!

save the enviroment and meet boards.ie members!

i support thee!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Excellent idea.
    This has been tried before through Aertels teletext which was a bit of a flop.Maybe it would work better through the wonders of tne internet.
    But yeah Id be interested since Im driving from Kildare to Finglas everyday.

Another new board which I would like to see introduced would be a pets board.
    Does anyone know how hard it is to find a certain species of tarantula in Ireland.......Fu<king impossible.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Moved to admin to be discussed. Sounds like an interesting idea...

We can discuss Pets in a different thread. (feel free to create it)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

yip, has my vote

car-pooling is something id like to see allot more especially in dublin & the prospects of having to pay to go into the city center :(

Saves money all round really & meet new peeps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

:D:p I is very happy to fully endorse this suggestion - as i is a poor student cursed with no car , drivers licence, or ability to drive!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Should be some nature of rating system then on the lifter/liftee, don't want no psycho getting in the car with me, two of us woudl be a bit much :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭jd

I support this too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Aye good idea...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

2 thumbs up from me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Would like to offer my services as admin for this board if created.

Having had quite extensive experience of hitching and standing out in the rain for many hours while heartless drivers fly by, I believe that I am the best (and by best I mean most bitter :)) man for the job .

* Bugger was reading from the bottom up and have just seen that this board has already been created

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

And just imagine all the publicity boards will get when one of boards not so saine members kills another one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Originally posted by damnyanks
    And just imagine all the publicity boards will get when one of boards not so saine members kills another one :)

You wouldn't be able to tell me exactly which forum these alleged "sane" ppl post in :confused

Advertisement