Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom dsl finally.

Options
  • 06-11-2002 2:46pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Finally i got some joy from Eircom's adsl department.

After taking the risk of downgrading my isdn line to perform the line test, for 3 weeks i called in every 2 days to be told no test results were back yet. Eventually I was told my line had failed.

Annoyed I called up Eircom sales to get my isdn reconnected when i was told to try the dsl department again ask them to test the line again.
    A nice girl in the dsl dept (called Jemma) noticed that i had been calling in every two days for 4 weeks now and told me that my line had in fact not failed the test. I was fobbed off before because there was still no test results back from the exchange.

She said she would escalate my problem to the dsl production manager and to call back in 2 days. Low and behold i called back today to find that my line has passed the test and my installation is now booked for the 21st of nov. It took just 10 mins for her to set up my dsl account (email passwords etc).

Just in case anybody has had similar problems perseverence pays off with Eircom, aswell speaking to jemma on 1800503303 also helps. She is a credit to Eircoms customer service department and she operates a no frills no bull**** service. She will tell you exactly what she is doing and the possibilities of success.

Will let ye know how the installation goes etc when it happens.

Chief.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

Where abouts is this Chief? You still in Buncrana, how the feck is DSL there already if so ;/

Say hi to Jemma for me

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

think you are thinking of ex-nethouse chief. Im dublin Chief. Rathfarnham to be exact.

Advertisement