Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPS problems

• 06-11-2002 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭

Before i go on, I am basing this on the fact that i have seen people with a third less the processing speed and lower standard gfx cards performing better than my system is atm.

Here she is.

Pi185 mobo
    256 pc133 ram
    Hercules Geforce 2 GTS 64 PRO
    PIII 1.05 gig

I'm currently using on board sound which takes away some cpu usage and about 10-20 frames, when i disable it and play cs i get drops to about 60, when enabled drops go down as far as 45-50.
    w
    Correct me if I am wrong, is this the norm for this system?

I just reformatted with win2k, major improvements that i noticed were ping wise, i get sub 30-40 ping on servers i used to get 100 on.

But I reformatted for the sake of fps and not ping.

The card is not underclocked.

Anyone have any ideas what could improve my frame rates to what they should really be?

Im using the latest nvidia drivers and directx.

Any help/suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Samba

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

U should get NVMAX . Its a cool tweak prog for Geforce 2's.
    Also ur running SD RAM and a lack of it. 256 is good and all but u shud get more from my opinion. Also what speed is ur hd? I found that slow hd's or small ones killed my fps.

All just suggestions no definite answers to ur problem.
    Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Eye

imho that's relatively alright

i had a similar system about 2 years ago
    something along the lines of:

800Mhz Athlon
    abit ka7-100 mobo
    64mb GeForce 2 Ultra
    512 Mbs SDRAM
    40Gb Hdd at 7200rpm

and in cs in particular i was lucky to be hitting 60fps
    if memroy serves me right i used to get something like 50 pretty solid, but still would have expected more, could be wrong now but i think it's pretty decent for a GF2 but the sound seems to be the killer on your system.

Advertisement